2019 platinum max nitrogen filled tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just an FYI but regular good ol free air is already 78% nitrogen. I definitely wouldn’t pay a dealer extra for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excactly what I was gonna say. No way would I pony up extra cash for nitrogen....

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And unless your wheel has TWO valve stems- one to fill and one to bleed while filling, the tire is going to trap a bunch regular old air when the tire is mounted.

I’m going to guess that the reason for it (the less expanding/contracting thing brought up earlier) has to do with the computer monitoring wheels for traction control. The more the wheels stay the same, the easier it is for the computer to do its job. Plus the drier air is less corrosive (but that’s a stretch).

or it’s an easy money maker for the dealer......

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they fill the tires properly with nitrogen, first they vacuum out the air and then fill with nitrogen. That said, unless it is free, I wouldn't bother with nitrogen.

jet757f

Reaction score
Using nitrogen in cars is a big scam. We use nitrogen in aircraft tires. There is no oxygen in nitrogen so they won't be as likely to burn if overheated.The tires and brakes get real hot when landing. Sometimes there are brake fires. At high altitude there is no moisture in the nitrogen so no freezing. The tires use around 300 psi depending on type. There are other reasons.

There are even using a nitrogen generator on the aircraft to pump nitrogen into the fuel tanks so as they empty less chance of fire since it takes all the oxygen out of the air.

Calman2k

Reaction score
Pro tip, if it's mandated by the People's Republik of Kalifornia, chances are is not needed and overblown. Kalifornia requires all tire shops and dealers to use nitrogen. So, we can conclude.....