Removing Second Row Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3bs

Reaction score
I'm looking at ways to make room to haul a set of wheels and tires without obliterating my rear view. I believe there is enough room behind the front row if I can remove the second row. Anybody know what's involved in doing this? Looks like four bolts and one electrical connector per seat. Any issues with belt tensioners or airbag system if I disconnect them?

StephenPT

Reaction score
Here's a video of the second row middle seat being removed (easy way to get captain chairs if you want them). While it doesn't show the removal of the outboard seats, it should be the same basic process. Seat belts are fully contained in the B-Pillars, so you won't create an issue with them. As far as the airbag system, I'm not sure if the seats have occupancy sensors, but at most the curtain airbags might not deploy if you're hit on the side.

OP
OP
M

m3bs

Reaction score
You know... there is a company named uhaul that will rent you a trailer dirt cheap for situations like this.....
Except I'll already have a trailer back there with a car on it.... Not set up for tire rack, plus I'd like to keep them locked up inside the truck.

I know on some cars they use a pyrotechnic seat belt tensioner that can be fired off if certain precautions aren't taken before disconnecting the seat wiring.