2019 washer fluid leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun Swiers

Reaction score
Anyone run into this issue?

I noticed some drops under the Ford Oval I front grill the night before leaving MN for AZ. Must be leaking close to the washer for front camera??

1600 miles on it prior to the trip.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance you went through a car wash prior to noticing the drip? I've noticed blue colored fluid under my vehicle in the garage after I run through the automatic car wash that is just the residual blue colored soap dripping off the vehicle.

Another possibility is that the sprayer for the front camera is actuated when you operate the front washer for the windshield wipers, which may have left a few drips on the front grill if you sprayed your windshield.

OP
OP
Shaun Swiers

Shaun Swiers

Reaction score
Nope not a car wash, so that's out.

Had not used the washers yet like you said they activate with the windshield washers. But hadn't used them.

Had kept track of the amount of fluid in reservoir and it's definitely going down slow...

Bonji

Reaction score
I noticed frozen blue this AM. It's kind of sprayed across the front at Oval-level, with frozen drips all the way to floor on the passenger side of the grille.

I'm hoping this is just residual from a front lens spray, but I can't recall using the washers the past couple days.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Anyone run into this issue?

I noticed some drops under the Ford Oval I front grill the night before leaving MN for AZ. Must be leaking close to the washer for front camera??

1600 miles on it prior to the trip.
Yup. Dealing with that right now. Got my Expedition 2 Weeks ago and can't keep the washer fluid bottle full. They replaced the bottle couple days ago. Still loosing fluid. Noticed today that the front camera washer nozzle is dripping washer fluid.Took pics of it. I then measured the nozzle and it's 36 inches from the ground, right about where the fluid level ends up in the bottle and don't drop anymore. Gonna take it back in Tuesday.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed frozen blue this AM. It's kind of sprayed across the front at Oval-level, with frozen drips all the way to floor on the passenger side of the grille.

I'm hoping this is just residual from a front lens spray, but I can't recall using the washers the past couple days.
Frozen? If its frozen, then they maybe shipped it with summer washer fluid In it and it possibly froze and cracked your washer system...

Pete6114

Reaction score
Had the washer nozzle replaced and it too leaked. Got thinking that there should be a check-valve inline someplace or maybe build into the pump, preventing fluid to just dribble out of the lower washer nozzle by gravity, and asked them to show me the rubber hose diagram on their parts screen and what ya know....there is a valve located in the rubber line from the pump to the nozzle! So, they took mine out and he blew through it without a issue. They replaced the check valve couple days ago and i haven t lost a drop of washer fluid since.

Johhn14

Reaction score
Mine has developed the same problem. I took it in for an oil change and they filled up the washer fluid tank. Noticed a puddle under it forming later the same day. I thought I was going through fluid fast over the winter so I've probably had this even longer and just didn't realize it.

2500 miles.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
I just noticed this on ours the other day. Took it in for an oil change and then the next couple days there was fluid on the front bumper and floor under the front of it. Wipers or washers were never used. I then opened the hood and the bottle was about half full. I think it must leak somewhere towards the washer for the front camera. I will take to the dealer this week to have them look at it.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
Local dealer and I looked at it together and we have come to the conclusion that it is the electric washer valve that is part of the front oval emblem. They ordered a new one and we are going to try it tomorrow.

We can fill the bottle, but within a day or two the level will go down to the exact level that this valve sits at. There are no other leaks in the system, but wet all around this valve on the front and back side of it.

I'll keep everyone posted if this is the case.