2019 XLT Desired upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skydiver

Reaction score
My new to me 2019 Expedition XLT with the 201a package is missing some things that I really desire.
1. Ability to remote start to cool the truck down in 100 degree Texas summer
2. Ability to leave my keys in my pocket to unlock and lock the vehicle

My used truck came with a single large, 4 button keyfob. I would like to know if this key fox is deemed an "intelligent access key"? My understanding is this type of key is required for key's in pocket unlock

I have been looking at the perimeter plus security addon for the remote start feature but as I understand this, it uses the fob I have with the lock-unlock-lock key sequence to start the truck. After I add the module will this support the 5 button intelligent access key so I can use the remote start button on the fob?

And if so, do I need to have any other addons to enable key in pocket vehicle entry? I have obtained Forscan with the advance license and also the OBDC MX but haven't started exploring with that yet. Can I use this to determine any capabilities for the intelligent access fob?

OP
OP
S

skydiver

Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge on whether the 2019 XLT can be configured via add-ons to enable the handsfree vehicle entry?

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you upload a picture of your key fob? I do know in forscan on my 2017 expy, a 2017 explorer, and a 2019 f-250 I have seen the setting for smart unlock (possibly what you are looking for) but on my expy and the F-250 the setting was default on even though neither vehicle has intelligent access or even hands-free (they are both key to start). If I am correct the setting was in the APIM but I could be wrong and it was in the Bdycm.

OP
OP
S

skydiver

Reaction score
I haven’t used Forscan yet. I can connected it and look for settings to verify. Where should I look for settings related to smart entry?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev