2020 Expedition Platinum Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElJefe1917

Reaction score
I got a 2020 platinum and for some reason the headlights seem dimmer. I know they are the LED sealed ones. Has anyone done or known if there are aftermarket ones like the F150s? Or a way to upgrade the bulbs without replacing the whole oem?
Cheers

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's your reference point for brightnesd?

OP
OP
E

ElJefe1917

Reaction score
Noob here..lol but noticed right in front. Just seems dimmer than usual. Actually the wife noticed first as she drives it more...haha. I like lights that light up the road, especially in the rain.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Noob here..lol but noticed right in front. Just seems dimmer than usual. Actually the wife noticed first as she drives it more...haha. I like lights that light up the road, especially in the rain.
Again, what is your reference point? Have you verified they are aimed properly?

Anerbe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bring your expy to a dealer, and see if you can compare to a vehicle on the lot at night. haven't seen many outages of the front LED Headlights.

i suspect either you guys are used to the light, and it doesn't look as bright, or maybe you can see one of the LEDs in front dim/out looking thru the lens.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By reference, we mean do your current or former vehicles look brighter by comparison? The nav has speed adjustable headlights. I don't know if expys leds are like this as well, but the navs headlights will narrow the faster you drive. Does the brightness change at speed? Either way, I'd take it to the dealer anerbe said and have then look at it.

OP
OP
E

ElJefe1917

Reaction score
By reference, we mean do your current or former vehicles look brighter by comparison? The nav has speed adjustable headlights. I don't know if expys leds are like this as well, but the navs headlights will narrow the faster you drive. Does the brightness change at speed? Either way, I'd take it to the dealer anerbe said and have then look at it.
Haha gotcha. I don't think my lights change at speed but will definitely look at it. Thanks. I have an oil change next week and will let them know. Cheers

DukeandDarla

Reaction score
Hi, noob here too. Does anyone know of an aftermarket assembly? My daytime running LEDs are fading. Especially the one on the right and it’s driving me nuts. I can take a pic to show you guys what I mean. I asked Ford if you can replace just the daytime light and of course they said no. $1000 a pop for the whole assembly.

TIA

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the passenger side Halo. It's funny because I've read a few people having the same issue. Luckily for me I caught it before taking posession and had thm replace it at no cost. And yes, $1000 plus for the assembly.