2020 Expedition up in flames

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect Ford to have done or been interested at all at this point. Not until there's some way of showing even the remote possibility of something faulty. It's obviously horrible to have happened, and I'm thankful everyone is safe, but as mentioned, for litigious reasons they wouldn't show an interest. There are SO many possible reasons, as mentioned rodents, maybe the mechanic doing the PDI left an oily rag in the engine bay, maybe they drove over a piece of plastic that got in and melted on the exhaust near the front, the list goes on.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to defend Ford against raising more concern or investigation. A $70k vehicle is not expensive for newer cars these days - particularly for the size and included features in what you're getting. Hold your horses. Although unfortunate, this is the first and isolated incident in a 3 year run. Not including shared platform of the F150, the highest selling vehicle on the planet, Ford's production numbers are in your favor.

Also just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's giving to be perfect without risk...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...51/mclaren-senna-720s-570gt-fire-risk-recall/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...ine-fires-including-ultra-rare-veneno-models/

And not just exotics. Mass GM recall recently:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nitalemonlaw.com/gm-recall-millions-brake-fire-concerns/amp/

average vehicle sale is like 35k, so yes it’s an expensive vehicle without question.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lest we not forgot that quite a few non-internal combustion vehicle process will above $100k have also worked into flames... But I thought Elon was saving the world!

Good thing lithium (which is still far more poisonous than crude oil or petrol) is limitless and the US supplies most of what we need!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy cow that aluminum melts down I didn’t think about that. Vanished into thin air. Steel usually survives a vehicle fire just the paint burns off. Actually just watched a brand new Kia Soul burn in a Home Depot parking lot last week. It started smoking while parked, off, and unattended and went up into flames. Fireman sprayed some chemical inside and the smoke cloud was absolutely insane.

RockyMtnCliff

Reaction score
[QUOTE="

Also just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's giving to be perfect without risk...
]

I think Tommy Boy says it perfectly.

I also have two kids in car seats, guess it's time to do the fire drill. Flying small planes for the last ten years taught me to have a plan, and to put it in action without hesitation.

Stay safe out there.

DCS_express

Reaction score
Agree with what other people said already. Glad everyone is safe. It's a very unfortunate incident but there are too many unknowns for Ford to take responsibility and any evidence to dispute that just went up in flames or melted away. That is pretty crazy how the aluminum just melts away I hadn't thought of that either.