2020 FORSCAN Info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2020, want to eliminate several things, especially the double-honk, bambi mode, and is there software that prevents you running with the high-beams on in the daylight too?

A comprehensive list--for 2020s--would be amazing...

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2020, want to eliminate several things, especially the double-honk, bambi mode, and is there software that prevents you running with the high-beams on in the daylight too?

A comprehensive list--for 2020s--would be amazing...

There are comprehensive lists all over the place....its call a spreadsheet....it lists all of the items that can be changed.

the best way to prevent turning you high beams on during the daylight is to TURN YOUR HEADLIGHTS OFF!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are comprehensive lists all over the place....its call a spreadsheet....it lists all of the items that can be changed.

the best way to prevent turning you high beams on during the daylight is to TURN YOUR HEADLIGHTS OFF!

The spreadsheet running around should NOT be used for a 2020. The coding for the BCM on the 2020 is COMPLETELY different.

To answer the OP, no sheet is needed for 99% of the changes most people want to make. There are quick drop down options for the 2 modules(BCM, and APIM) where most changes are made. Just use those. I Truly don’t understand while people are stuck on having a sheet. It is MUCH safer and easier to make the changes that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The spreadsheet running around should NOT be used for a 2020. The coding for the BCM on the 2020 is COMPLETELY different.

Agree - I was referencing the spreadsheet only for what some of the possible changes may be.
It seems like a perfect opportunity for @Expedition Dave to create a list....if he thinks its needed (which imo it is not).

In earlier threads (not too long ago) I posted screenshots of the "plain English" interface....showing how easy it is now.

OP
OP
Expedition Dave

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you Loki.

Bush, maybe my post confused you. I want the ability to turn/leave my highbeams on during the day, under select conditions. Further, I thought FORSCAN you had to manully enter a series of numbers that were known before hand into where the old value number was--hence the need for the list of what number corresponded to what action, where.

Loki, I need to bother you some more. PM inbound--

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bush, maybe my post confused you. I want the ability to turn/leave my highbeams on during the day, under select conditions. Further, I thought FORSCAN you had to manully enter a series of numbers that were known before hand into where the old value number was--hence the need for the list of what number corresponded to what action, where.

never seen anyone request that before, and ive never see a (old) code to do such a thing on any model.

the list youre referring to is a spread sheet - and its not needed anymore.

Dewey3

Reaction score
I know this thread is a couple months old, but there's so many FORScan threads, it's very hard to keep up. I've looked over all the drop downs and not seeing anything... is there a code to disable the NAV lockout for passenger use on a 2020 XLT?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know this thread is a couple months old, but there's so many FORScan threads, it's very hard to keep up. I've looked over all the drop downs and not seeing anything... is there a code to disable the NAV lockout for passenger use on a 2020 XLT?

No. Not technically.

You can change your location to Europe, but you lose E911, and the SiriusXM special location based services.

I do not recommend doing it. When my Wife was in an accident in her 2015 Expedition, it called the police for her, even before she knew what was happening. She was OK, but it could have been worse!

Dewey3

Reaction score
No. Not technically.

You can change your location to Europe, but you lose E911, and the SiriusXM special location based services.

I do not recommend doing it. When my Wife was in an accident in her 2015 Expedition, it called the police for her, even before she knew what was happening. She was OK, but it could have been worse!

Thank you. As for SiriusXM, that's a non-issue as I am not a Siruis fan at all. The wife drives the '18 Continental, and doesn't want to drive the Expy because of is size. That leaves just me and the E911. Off-hand, not having the system make an emergency call for me is not a big thing since I've never had that before anyway. In these days of everyone having cell phones, I don't worry too much about being in a situation where I would need the system to call for me, unless something like a rare event where the road is departed, and even then, it will still depend on the post-crash condition of the vehicle.