2022/2023 Expedition Mud Flaps (Splash Guards) - 2021 Designs Don't Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AofJ

Reaction score
I just installed the weather tech rear flaps. I was in and out in under 25 mins. Perfect fit.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
Weather Tech now list front and rear guards for the 23's, ordered some and got them today. Install for all 4 took about 30 minutes and are very good and clean fitting.

Rear ones are just 4 screws with nut plates and actually stiffen up the 2 sections of fender and lower valance. Front ones are 2 SS screws and washers and cam locks and fit great around the power running boards.

Both give good coverage for my 285 tires etc. Very happy with them.View attachment 76779
can you post pics of this from farther away so i can get the entire picture of the vehicle? thinking of doing this myself

LegalBrief

Reaction score
The issue is the whole pattern moved, they are no longer turn key, you have to drill new holes, on the fronts they also don’t 100% line up.

Probably not enough volume to make it worth the new production run and template work.

You can make the others work, but that means drilling pilot holes into the wheel well liner, easiest with wheel off. The fronts may require pilot holes as well depends on where you source them.

They are definitely a thin material in the front, time will tell how the hold up in the snow and ice. I had them painted to match the truck body. Fronts are on (easy because u can turn the wheel, rears are in the garage as I’m not that motivated to pull the tires.

Last edited:

BrianDA

Reaction score
I just installed the Weathertech fronts and rears on my '22 Max. I can confirm that there is no drilling on the '22. Weathertech states no drilling on the '23 or '24 either. Been through some snow and ice and below freezing temperatures, lately, and these things seem plenty tough. I wouldn't go rock crawling with them...

Attachments

• IMG_7744.jpg
    IMG_7744.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7745.jpg
    IMG_7745.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7746.jpg
    IMG_7746.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7747.jpg
    IMG_7747.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7748.jpg
    IMG_7748.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 18

Asphalt Kid

Reaction score
I installed WT mudflaps in June 23 on my new 23 Platinum no mods required, perfect fit....checked on the WT website mudflaps are still available for front and rear...

AofJ

Reaction score
I just installed the weather tech rear flaps. I was in and out in under 25 mins. Perfect fit.
Just went through a major mountain storm. The flaps protected the rear sensors and eliminated the errors we were seeing in the previous winter. Deflected mud, slush, and snow. Cheap fix to the expensive problem.