2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Signature Lighting is the LED strips in the headlights right? So all of the trims will get the XLT standard headlight buckets? This guide also doesn't point to what is retrofit later and permanent exclusion, as someone on another board said it will be a chore in 5-8 years tracking "features and options" on these used vehicles that seem to have things added and removed throughout the production run.
The XLT 50T special edition package added the Signature lighting (LED) to the truck. Mine is built, no holds, just awaiting enough headed to my neck of the woods logistics wise. From what I can see, nothing was removed from my specs, or my order. We will see once it arrives in a few weeks.

Bill

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But the confusing part is this is the dealer order guide for 2022 but the order banks are closed. Why would the dealer or consumer need an update to the order guide when you can't place orders anymore? Is this something to entice unscheduled orders to modify for 2022 production? Is this a slight of hand to prep for the 2023 order guide in a few weeks that will ultimately say "no change" since the exclusions are already in the 2022? \

Signature Lighting is the LED strips in the headlights right? So all of the trims will get the XLT standard headlight buckets? This guide also doesn't point to what is retrofit later and permanent exclusion, as someone on another board said it will be a chore in 5-8 years tracking "features and options" on these used vehicles that seem to have things added and removed throughout the production run.
Yes, the order banks are closed. Dealers are able to edit orders in the order bank, and modify existing orders (modify = remove items) so the orders can be eligible for scheduling.

Tyra

Reaction score
I just talked to my dealer as I have become worried that I will be missing many items from my Limited stealth performance. I ordered mid April. What he told me was my order is marked as unscheduled clean, priority 2. What I am told that means is all the parts for my build have been allocated and I will get everything (except the 2nd row climate controls that will be installed at a later date). It is just waiting for a build date. The order banks are closed and any new orders going forward will go into a que for 23 builds and will be missing what is listed on the order sheet above that someone posted unless items become available and the sheet is updated again.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This order guide change does not fair well for people hoping to switch to the 23 model year.

cpeckvtpcs235

Reaction score
What is the difference between sports tuned suspension which comes with 304A VS 304A plus CCD with Sport tuned suspension?
Hello, to be honest, I have no idea LOL

Just found this.

The Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) Suspension feature is engineered to mitigate the way your Ford Expedition detects and responds to the potholes and other deviations or obstacles in the road. 2022 Expedition Limited model with optional Stealth Performance Edition Package shown.

Last edited:

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just talked to my dealer as I have become worried that I will be missing many items from my Limited stealth performance. I ordered mid April. What he told me was my order is marked as unscheduled clean, priority 2. What I am told that means is all the parts for my build have been allocated and I will get everything (except the 2nd row climate controls that will be installed at a later date). It is just waiting for a build date. The order banks are closed and any new orders going forward will go into a que for 23 builds and will be missing what is listed on the order sheet above that someone posted unless items become available and the sheet is updated again.
That isn't 100% true, give Ford customer service a call and see if there is a commodity hold. I was Priority 2 for 3 weeks and checked in with Ford each week. They had me on commodity hold for 2 of those scheduling weeks then finally switched to previewing. Ford has also been apparently adding option codes automatically for scheduling purposes so until you get scheduled and see a window sticker you won't know really what is missing. I'm trusting that since I am scheduled that my July build is locked in and not missing these items but for unscheduled orders it might be a crap shoot.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the difference between sports tuned suspension which comes with 304A VS 304A plus CCD with Sport tuned suspension?
Sport tuned suspension details haven't been released but it probably has different spring rates, shock calibration and possibly upgraded roll bars. CCD is available as an option on both standard and stealth models.

rpw2021

Reaction score
This order guide change does not fair well for people hoping to switch to the 23 model year.
Yes, that's what I was thinking. I was contemplating trying to buy something off the lot in the next few weeks and then order a '23 - with the idea that I'd basically swap into the car I really wanted next May or so when the '23s start rolling out.

Two problems with this so far: (1) the pickins are really slim on lot cars, and dealers are all adding crap upcharges to the deals, and (2) looks like the '23s will be short some features (nothing showstopping to me, but will likely impact resale value, etc.).

OP
OP
C

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have no option. The 22's which are being produced from this point on have the same restrictions already.

So being this the case at least I will have a MY23 with the same equipment compared to a MY22.

For sure the MY23 resale value will be better than a MY22 with the same equipment.

Tyra

Reaction score
That isn't 100% true, give Ford customer service a call and see if there is a commodity hold. I was Priority 2 for 3 weeks and checked in with Ford each week. They had me on commodity hold for 2 of those scheduling weeks then finally switched to previewing. Ford has also been apparently adding option codes automatically for scheduling purposes so until you get scheduled and see a window sticker you won't know really what is missing. I'm trusting that since I am scheduled that my July build is locked in and not missing these items but for unscheduled orders it might be a crap shoot.
Well I guess I will wait and see. He seemed pretty positive in what he was telling but as we know Ford seems to not be following any certain rules right now. I have been looking at the wagoneers as a possible back up and found them to be really nice but a tad more spendy for what I want. If I could have found one with the heavy duty tow package I might have given up on the Expy and went with that. Not a single dealer can I find one with the added tow package but it is available to add on the website still. If mine comes minus to many items I may just switch over and order a 23 wagoneer 3!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65