2022 Expedition vs 2018-20221

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really wish Ford would make 3.0 diesel available for the Expedition. My second option was a 2021-2022 GMC Denali XL diesel since my wife does a lot of driving for work, kids school and normal driving around.

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really wish Ford would make 3.0 diesel available for the Expedition. My second option was a 2021-2022 GMC Denali XL diesel since my wife does a lot of driving for work, kids school and normal driving around.

^^ THIS. it would be a great power plant in this platform.

oh well - all signs point to nope, for now, but we can hope they’ll eventually be offering powerboost hybrid at least.

(best of both worlds would be if they did a hybrid / powerstroke combo , and really gave us the torque/efficiency... that would be my first choice hands down.... highly unlikely but heck a boy can dream right?)

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can blame the f150 buyers for this

Jeff Sweeney

Reaction score
NukeLife : PCM reprogramming. Send an update if you find that Ford is offering a fix or anything.... I have a 2018 Ford Expedition XLT Max.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Buy it new, there's no reason to pay near new prices for used cars.
On top of that, there's no reason to pay these type of prices for something that's not exactly what you want either.

The only way to really get something exactly the way you want is to factory order it.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you blame them? The 0-60 is slower than the 5.4 lol. Imagine dropping 65 grand and having a rattler blow by you with rust blowing off the fender wells
Exactly, those baby diesels are underpowered turds. The 1/2 ton drivetrain can't handle big torque, so they limited them to the point that they were useless.

OP
OP
Lynnii2

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A & D Plan are more tightly controlled then the X Plan.

There is a reason why X-Plan is labeled "friends and family" :Pshyco:

Bill
I was able to get touch with my uncle and I can use his D plan pricing on a new expedition. Thanks letting me know about that plan option.