2022 First drive reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarf11106

Reaction score
I have a 22 xlt max, This is my first expedition but I really like the way it drives. I came from a 2020 platinum explorer and you can definitely tell the ride is not as smooth, which is fine because i didnt expect it to be. What questions can i answer for you?
I wonder if the platinum expedition would drive better than the xlt expedition

fothco

Reaction score
Hi from BC . Are the 2022's even avail . built yet ..? I ordered mid - Jan . Sales said 4 --- 6 months . Others said wait could be 1 year .. Good Grief ! . How many a month can be built ?

fordvideoguy

Reaction score
Seems strange to me that not a single person on youtube has done a driving review yet, especially since they hit dealerships weeks ago.
Not many have arrived. I ordered the first day of order banks but mine got pushed 30 days and is waiting on a chip. But I will be doing XLT videos on it for our dealership once it arrives.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not many have arrived. I ordered the first day of order banks but mine got pushed 30 days and is waiting on a chip. But I will be doing XLT videos on it for our dealership once it arrives.
Based on your screen name, I assume that is Long McArthur Ford? I like your in depth videos. When do you expect to receive your XLT based on the delay?

snowrider0985

Reaction score
Great, thank you!
I’ll be honest I’m a bit concerned about that. I didn’t find the explorer to ride “the best” so this next gen not matching that comfort isn’t a great initial impression. Especially when I thought the ‘21 expy ltd with the 20in wheels (non ccd) did ride great.
If your trip changes that I’m sure a few people on here would love to know your impressions!
Ok so we just got back. We put about 500 miles on the new expy round trip. Our experiance was positive overall, on the freeway the expy road great, almost no road noise, the lane keeping and adaptive cruise worked great, you can even turn on a function that will adjust adaptive cruise up or down if the speed limit changes. The expy had plenty of power and we averaged 17.7 mpg, with an average speed of 85 mph on the freeway. My issue with the truck riding rough seems to only be at slower speeds on local roads. It could be because the roads in utah aren't the best, but my wife ended up in the 3rd row on the way back from the park one day and she did mention that the ride felt a little rough. But all in all we love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes