2022 First drive reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been trying to search for any 2022 drive reviews, and can't seem to find any. Specifically the Stealth Performance, but I'd be happy with any trims.
Anyone come across any and can share? Thanks!

I think a few members have taken delivery, I'd love to know more about how it rides compared to previous Gens. I think one poster had a pretty good write up about their KR. Would love a sample size of a few more people.

snowrider0985

Reaction score
I've been trying to search for any 2022 drive reviews, and can't seem to find any. Specifically the Stealth Performance, but I'd be happy with any trims.
Anyone come across any and can share? Thanks!

I think a few members have taken delivery, I'd love to know more about how it rides compared to previous Gens. I think one poster had a pretty good write up about their KR. Would love a sample size of a few more people.
I have a 22 xlt max, This is my first expedition but I really like the way it drives. I came from a 2020 platinum explorer and you can definitely tell the ride is not as smooth, which is fine because i didnt expect it to be. What questions can i answer for you?

FamilyHauler

Reaction score
Seems strange to me that not a single person on youtube has done a driving review yet, especially since they hit dealerships weeks ago.

StephenPT

Reaction score
Seems strange to me that not a single person on youtube has done a driving review yet, especially since they hit dealerships weeks ago.
Likely these are all custom ordered units and not dealer stock. The dealer (and the customer) don't want extra miles added to their rig they've been waiting months to take delivery on...

JimmyMcBob

Reaction score
I agree...there are several static reviews & walk arounds, but no driving impressions.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can understand Spanish, there's a video on yt that shows a Mexican salesman driving a platinum expy around.

Other than that, ford hasn't submitted any vehicles for journalists to drive. All the ones on the lots are spoken for, or dealers telling the reviewers no you can't drive it.
I have a 22 xlt max, This is my first expedition but I really like the way it drives. I came from a 2020 platinum explorer and you can definitely tell the ride is not as smooth, which is fine because i didnt expect it to be. What questions can i answer for you?
This is the first time I've seen a owner state the expy rides worse than an explorer. This isnt a comforting statement at all, seeing that the explorer already rides marginally worse than it's competitors according to journalists. Yes, different class of vehicle, but every expy I've driven has felt better than an explorer of same time or generation, though i havent been in a 2020 or newer though. Hopefully, the ccd versions feel much better.

snowrider0985

Reaction score
If you can understand Spanish, there's a video on yt that shows a Mexican salesman driving a platinum expy around.

Other than that, ford hasn't submitted any vehicles for journalists to drive. All the ones on the lots are spoken for, or dealers telling the reviewers no you can't drive it.

This is the first time I've seen a owner state the expy rides worse than an explorer. This isnt a comforting statement at all, seeing that the explorer already rides marginally worse than it's competitors according to journalists. Yes, different class of vehicle, but every expy I've driven has felt better than an explorer of same time or generation, though i havent been in a 2020 or newer though. Hopefully, the ccd versions feel much better.
Like I said, this is my first Expedition, and the explorer was my first ford SUV. In my opinion the Expedition rides a lot like my F150. It could be partially because I have the heavy duty tow package or maybe the suspension is stiff from being brand new?

OP
OP
R

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you say not as smooth, what do you mean? I’ve had a ‘16 explorer and driven the ‘20 several times. Reason I ask is that the expy is BOF and does handle differently than the unibody explorer. I found the explorer to drive much like a sedan, but it was well composed. Acceleration on anything but the ST was lackluster, but it handled bumps pretty well without too much bounce. Cornering was acceptable.
You also mention the HD tow, do you have any other tire/ccd packages?
I’m trying to differentiate smooth from rough, firm from unsettled/bouncy, etc.

Thank you!

snowrider0985

Reaction score
When you say not as smooth, what do you mean? I’ve had a ‘16 explorer and driven the ‘20 several times. Reason I ask is that the expy is BOF and does handle differently than the unibody explorer. I found the explorer to drive much like a sedan, but it was well composed. Acceleration on anything but the ST was lackluster, but it handled bumps pretty well without too much bounce. Cornering was acceptable.
You also mention the HD tow, do you have any other tire/ccd packages?
I’m trying to differentiate smooth from rough, firm from unsettled/bouncy, etc.

Thank you!
I mean I don't think the ride is as smooth as the explorer. We got the 202a and special edition packages, so it has the 20 inch wheels. It feels a little firm/bumpy like a heavy duty truck. But we have also only driven it 50 miles. We are taking a 4 hour road trip on Sunday so I should have a better feel next week