2022 First drive reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean I don't think the ride is as smooth as the explorer. We got the 202a and special edition packages, so it has the 20 inch wheels. It feels a little firm/bumpy like a heavy duty truck. But we have also only driven it 50 miles. We are taking a 4 hour road trip on Sunday so I should have a better feel next week

Great, thank you!
I’ll be honest I’m a bit concerned about that. I didn’t find the explorer to ride “the best” so this next gen not matching that comfort isn’t a great initial impression. Especially when I thought the ‘21 expy ltd with the 20in wheels (non ccd) did ride great.
If your trip changes that I’m sure a few people on here would love to know your impressions!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great, thank you!
I’ll be honest I’m a bit concerned about that. I didn’t find the explorer to ride “the best” so this next gen not matching that comfort isn’t a great initial impression. Especially when I thought the ‘21 expy ltd with the 20in wheels (non ccd) did ride great.
If your trip changes that I’m sure a few people on here would love to know your impressions!
Same. I thought my 18 or 20s rode well. It sometimes rode pretty trucky which was annoying, but mostly rode better than the explorer at the time, and at its best, rode better than most all mainstream crossovers at the time.

carnevallemarcelo

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score

TheLastGentleman

Reaction score
I drove a Timberline yesterday. The HO engine is fantastic. I've also driven a series III Wagoneer with air suspension. The Expedition is a slightly rougher ride but that air suspension is very nice and its an $88k vehicle. I thought the brakes were fine and there was less body roll than I thought. Forgot to play with the drive modes so I was just in normal.

OP
OP
R

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Here he's actually driving the truck.
Nice, thank you first one I've seen!

According to his feedback, it's not a drastic change in ride quality over the previous gens. so that's reassuring. I get the feedback compared to Nav.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65