2022 hd tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing that has been verified, for a smoother ride, def upgrade tires. It's too soon to kno if the new ccd setup will need an upgraded stabilizer bar like current.

2020ExpyPlatinum

Reaction score
Yeah I ordered the eLSD, so should get the gears. It would be nice to have the tow package, but not if it's going to mess with the ride
I have the heavy duty tow package with eLSD on a 2021 expedition max platinum, my mother has a platinum non heavy duty tow package and they rode exactly the same.

I bought this vehicle to also be a utility vehicle and I wanted the heavy duty radiator and extra features the towing package included.

I also ordered the towing package because I can't accept the fact of having a change holder in the spot where the pro trailer backup assist knob is at. Why ford would put a change holder in such a spot in 2021 for some reason really bugs me.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, it looks like they are different. I originally saw posts that the springs are the same, but looking into the parts site, I expect the springs and shocks all to be different.

What's interesting is that the coil spring "Part number" lists the same with and without HD tow, but the rear shocks are all different (CCD/non, FX4, etc....). I assume the ford part site doesn't get into the 10 digit true PN.

If I remember correctly, the shocks are the same, but the springs are different.

You only get the full part number after placing the order.

To the OP, I didn’t mention ride quality, because I have no reference to compare to. I would suggest trying to test drive one with and one without. Make sure they both have CCD.