2022 King Ranch Max Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjohnson425

Reaction score
interesting that the sticker says auto-stop start removal from the factory for $50. I thought that wasn't actually allowed due to EPA rules, that AS-S is technically part of what makes it meet EPA limits today. Pretty sure that wasn't an option on earlier models.

You dealer can disable that “feature” with forscan. I had mine turned off on our 21’

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well technically dealers aren't supposed to be using forscan, Ford can use that as a reason not to support the vehicle. It happened to me. But yes, I realize that it can be done that way. My point is that on the window sticker it appears to be an option. That A wasn't the case for my 2019, and B was actually said to be "illegal" based on the EPA clean air act. Disabling an emissions component that increases emissions is a no no

gohogs

Reaction score
Which dealer is it destined to? I'd love to see what the 2022 Rear Entertainment looks like.
We just picked up our 22 with rear entertainment, what would you like to see?

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My point is that on the window sticker it appears to be an option. That A wasn't the case for my 2019, and B was actually said to be "illegal" based on the EPA clean air act. Disabling an emissions component that increases emissions is a no no
That has actually been a required option at times. It seems Ford has not had the ICs needed to allow that feature in stock all the time.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
interesting that the sticker says auto-stop start removal from the factory for $50. I thought that wasn't actually allowed due to EPA rules, that AS-S is technically part of what makes it meet EPA limits today. Pretty sure that wasn't an option on earlier models.
If you look closely, it's actually reducing the cost of the vehicle by $50 for removing ASS & $355 for removing park assist.
Microchip shortages causing removal of features.