2022 King Ranch Max on Dealer Lot Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still stuck whether or not the Sync4 15" is what I want. Are the MachE reviews on the system positive?
My dealer said the major difference for Sync4 was the wireless Apple carplay function and it faster tech, but he's just a salesman.
The system is rebuilt from the ground up. Ford's own website has some good info on the enhancements and differences between the two. However, if you want the full digital instrument cluster (speedo, etc) you have to upgrade to the Sync4a (15") in the expedition.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Mach E. The screen grows on you, and now it's easy to say "it's glorious." It really is. I wish the 360 camera had a button like other Fords, and I would prefer the HVAC to be physical controls. However, I don't fiddle with the HVAC pretty much ever, so it's not really a deal killer.

Sync 4 is an awesome upgrade, and the big screen is just the cherry on top.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The mach e system has always gotten great reviews. Also, the f150, though the screen is different sized, has the same system technically so you can always try it out in there. It's def faster and more user friendly than sync 3, but ti think the natural voice recognition is the best part, though I've never got to try it.

But hey, if you want hvac buttons, you can always go navigator. The base nav is roughly the same price as a fully loaded ltd, kr, or platty expy, and the only thing your giving up is 8 speakers.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Yeah, best not to say information to strangers like you said earlier in this post link below.
Feb 24, 2022
Hahahahah that makes no sense man. Anyways, moving on. These new 22s are hideous in almost every category UNLESS they are a certain color (black, red, dark grey). The front end being the ugliest aspect of the whole thing. Idk what the designers were thinking, it totally takes away from the look of an Expedition. Almost like it was an afterthought like “oh shit we gotta do something different real quick, hold my beer”

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
O rele like(and some trims love) the new expy look, but I'm almost to the point of forgoing the 22 spkr b&o, massage seats, and blue cruise to get a nav standard. To me, its the best looking truck available right now. I'll take the ride hit from the escalade and gw to own one.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m also not a fan of the screen (Tesla does it so everyone else has to do it?) at least the climate controls are ever-present, which is something. But…what does it look like at night? Are you driving with a big flashlight pointing at you? No wonder people want brighter and brighter headlights.

I always run night colors, even during the day. It is annoying to change the brightness, and the screen off, then on, button (on my 2019) puts it back to day/auto mode, and won’t retain night mode.

Apart from the front end (which I also think is a bit ‘meh’) there doesn’t seem to be anything else of significant difference aesthetically - probably because they got those bits right.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Besides the controversy front end, I think it's fair to say the interior was in real need of an update.

What, all the way to '21 the Expy carries a '15 F150 front dash and technology package?

It was time to get this vehicle caught up with the rest of the competition.