2022 Timberline Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87mj

Reaction score
I purchased a 2022 timberline a couple of months ago. I bought it off the lot and to my knowledge it has every option available. I am very happy with it with one exception. I have a 50 minute commute to work one way each day. So I spend a lot of time in it. The seats in that vehicle are rock hard. So hard that after 20 minutes I am ready to get out of that thing. I am beginning to hate driving it. We had plans to travel in this expedition after retirement but I don't see how it is feasible.

They are so bad I have thought about getting rid of the truck. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Hisurfernmi

Reaction score
We just did 8 hours of driving this weekend in our 2022 Limited Stealth Expy and I found the seats to be comfortable. We have leather, like what the fully loaded Timberline would have. I'm not sure if the Timberlines would be any different other than color vs the Limited.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased a 2022 timberline a couple of months ago. I bought it off the lot and to my knowledge it has every option available. I am very happy with it with one exception. I have a 50 minute commute to work one way each day. So I spend a lot of time in it. The seats in that vehicle are rock hard. So hard that after 20 minutes I am ready to get out of that thing. I am beginning to hate driving it. We had plans to travel in this expedition after retirement but I don't see how it is feasible.

They are so bad I have thought about getting rid of the truck. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
We thought ours were extremely comfortable. The seats will guaranteed get softer as time progresses. I don't want to be the smart guy, but did you play with all the seat settings? Lombard settings are the big one.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did 2500 miles in our 304a ‘22 last week and was very comfortable other than my neck getting sore a couple of times. I think the headrest is a bit far forward but the seats were great.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took my 2018 Limited 302A to a local auto upholstery shop and they redid the foam in my seats. My car only had maybe 20,000 miles on it then, and they said that the seat foam that Ford used in the seat was extremely soft and was compressing and would fail before long. They replaced all the seat foam and built my seats up to be more contoured and less "flat". That made an absolutely huge improvement in comfort. My leg used to go numb on long trips from sitting on that factory seat foam. Now its no issue.
I'd try that for sure, before you give up on the vehicle.

Even my wife said its made an incredible improvement in comfort.

JustMatt76

Reaction score
I have had mine for about 5 months and I don't have any complaints about the seats, actually the opposite. But then again I prefer a cushion on the firmer side, but its never struck me as being to firm. Longest I've been in it was 5 hours straight. Compared to my other vehicles, the Timberline has a lot more seat adjustment options, you can really fine tune the positioning. Maybe play around with that a little, make sure your legs aren't too cramped and you are stretched out a little more?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took my 2018 Limited 302A to a local auto upholstery shop and they redid the foam in my seats. My car only had maybe 20,000 miles on it then, and they said that the seat foam that Ford used in the seat was extremely soft and was compressing and would fail before long. They replaced all the seat foam and built my seats up to be more contoured and less "flat". That made an absolutely huge improvement in comfort. My leg used to go numb on long trips from sitting on that factory seat foam. Now its no issue.
I'd try that for sure, before you give up on the vehicle.

Even my wife said its made an incredible improvement in comfort.
I'm curious what something like this cost? I truly wish these seats had better bolsters. This is something I really love about many German auto's, is that when you sit in a seat, it surrounds you more, makes you feel like you're not going to slide side to side and front to back while cornering, accelerating, etc. Not to mention, crumby bolster padding and leather typically creases, fails, looks crappy very fast from getting in and out a lot.

Defyant

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe we have the "Active X" seats. Not the Platnum or King Ranch grade leather seats. I will say, when wife and I got in the Timberline coming from the '21 XLT with leather, these seat were amazing. We've made several road trips with no issues.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious what something like this cost? I truly wish these seats had better bolsters. This is something I really love about many German auto's, is that when you sit in a seat, it surrounds you more, makes you feel like you're not going to slide side to side and front to back while cornering, accelerating, etc. Not to mention, crumby bolster padding and leather typically creases, fails, looks crappy very fast from getting in and out a lot.
It was maybe $200. They can't add inches of bolsters, simply because the seat cover and stuff doesn't allow huge changes, but they went as far as they could and it made a huge difference. They said it was between 1/2 and 1 inch they added. They also replaced all the junk foam Ford put in the seats. They said it was already breaking down because its such soft low density foam. They used higher density foam that will last much longer and it actually feels softer because it doesn't compress flat like the factory foam did.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks @Deadman, I'll have to see if i can find a shop local to me that can do this. Not sure if the platinum heated/ventilated seats matter, but that would be so worth it.