2023 Tow Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjeff

Reaction score
Ford Dealer just told my all 2023 Expeditions must be ordered with Heavy Duty Tow Package.
Is this true? Are there orders being placed without Tow Packages?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford Dealer just told my all 2023 Expeditions must be ordered with Heavy Duty Tow Package.
What? The configuration doesn't show that. Did uou call other dealers to see if this is true?

OP
OP
D

drjeff

Reaction score
I thought I would check the forum first. My trust of dealers is not too high.

OP
OP
D

drjeff

Reaction score
It is a basic 4x4 XLT with 202A, special addition pkg, pwr fold seats, and no auto start. It would be a waste of money if tow pkg is mandatory.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think that's right but you may want to add HD tow anyway. The 3.73 gears are well worth it. Much better low end acceleration and the fuel economy hit is negligible. Better resale too!!

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are posts in other threads on here saying that the tow prep package will not be available until sometime in the spring. Meaning that you either need to add the HD tow or wait for the parts for the tow prep or lower capacity towing capability. See the 2023 Ordering Timeline Thread for details.

Happy Dog

Reaction score
A lot of buyers for an expedition do so to tow boats or RV trailers.
Much better on resale or trade-in

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's only a 795 option and will increase the resale value for almost certain. So why not?

HandWBeaz15

Reaction score
I could be reading it wrong but I believe the XLT aren't part of it. "They have put a stop build on non-buildable combinations effective October 20th. Affected series include Limited 302A, 303A, 304A Timberline 501A and King Ranch 400A.." We didn't hear anything about this when ordering our XLT without the HD tow package.