'22 Auto Start/Stop feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wkendri213

Reaction score
I ordered a 22 King Ranch, Forged Green, HD Tow Package, etc. I have the Auto Start/Stop feature. I don't like that feature, but didn't delete it. Is there a way to turn it off and leave it off, until you might want to use in the future?

Frugala

Reaction score
On my 2021 Expy, there is a button above right of the 8inch screen that I can press to turn that off. it resets after you turn off the car, so it must be pressed every trip.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2021 Expy, there is a button above right of the 8inch screen that I can press to turn that off. it resets after you turn off the car, so it must be pressed every trip.
What a PITA, exactly why I installed the AutoStop Eliminatore! It is so nice to take that need to punch the button off your required memory list each time you start it up.

@Frugala , welcome to the forum. Much good information to be found here.....

truby2008

Reaction score
AutoStop Eliminator is great. I installed it on my '18 F150 and its worked flawlessly. No more remembering to hit the off button as soon as I start the truck. I highly recommend it if you dislike the AutoStop feature.

chrismills

Reaction score
Our 2018 Limited Expedition has a mind of its own---presently it is off without touching the button to turn it off. However, it works as advertised sometimes---rather unpredictable---anyone else experience the same issue.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Our 2018 Limited Expedition has a mind of its own---presently it is off without touching the button to turn it off. However, it works as advertised sometimes---rather unpredictable---anyone else experience the same issue.

I have a 2019 XLT and it does the same thing. I haven't had to use that button for a month. I had the eliminator, but it was going bad and causing some issues with other things so I had to can that.

klimford

Reaction score
Yeah, that's PITA. My biggest gripe about the 2020.