22+ Expedition FORSCAN - Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
@LokiWolf are there any updates to this? Anything adjustable in the APIMs on 2022s yet? Namely adding digits to gauges, bambi mode, stuff like that?
I've been following the brave folks trying to enable bluecruise....

ExpyNole

Reaction score
And secondarily, anyone know if anything like the bambi mode, global window mode, or auto stop/start disable ones on this spreadsheet work?
thx to Livinitup on the F150 page.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf are there any updates to this? Anything adjustable in the APIMs on 2022s yet? Namely adding digits to gauges, bambi mode, stuff like that?
I've been following the brave folks trying to enable bluecruise....
People should NOT be trying to enable BlueCruise on the vehicles without the camera to monitor the driver. IT IS A TERRIBLE idea. It is fraught with so many issues. Are you honestly going to trust you and your families life to a HACK? The people using the weight on the steering wheel are morons, and should have their license pulled. As you can tell I am passionate about this. They say they are the only ones at risk, and that is BS, because anybody on the road with them is at risk. If you have driven any of the BlueCruise/SuperCruise/AutoDrive available vehicles you would get it. It needs to have all the nannies possible because these systems are in their infancy. GM's Supercruise is the best I have used to date. Also factor in I own a 21 150 with BC enabled from the factory.
And secondarily, anyone know if anything like the bambi mode, global window mode, or auto stop/start disable ones on this spreadsheet work?
thx to Livinitup on the F150 page.
Stay away from the 150 coding, from what I have seen it does not match, not to mention Ford is changing modules left and right because of the chip shortages. I would stick to the drop down options in FORSCAN if they are available for a 22+. Most of what you mentioned should be available if FORSCAN supports your Strategy. Contact FORSCAN support. I haven't been able to plug in to a 22 for any extended time yet. Maybe I will need to go sit on the lot and play with one.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
People should NOT be trying to enable BlueCruise on the vehicles without the camera to monitor the driver. IT IS A TERRIBLE idea. It is fraught with so many issues. Are you honestly going to trust you and your families life to a HACK? The people using the weight on the steering wheel are morons, and should have their license pulled. As you can tell I am passionate about this. They say they are the only ones at risk, and that is BS, because anybody on the road with them is at risk. If you have driven any of the BlueCruise/SuperCruise/AutoDrive available vehicles you would get it. It needs to have all the nannies possible because these systems are in their infancy. GM's Supercruise is the best I have used to date. Also factor in I own a 21 150 with BC enabled from the factory.

Stay away from the 150 coding, from what I have seen it does not match, not to mention Ford is changing modules left and right because of the chip shortages. I would stick to the drop down options in FORSCAN if they are available for a 22+. Most of what you mentioned should be available if FORSCAN supports your Strategy. Contact FORSCAN support. I haven't been able to plug in to a 22 for any extended time yet. Maybe I will need to go sit on the lot and play with one.

Thanks. TBH cruise control in most of my state is useless due to traffic. Adaptive would be maddening to me.
I'll see if I can plug in to the 22 and if anything comes up, but would sure like to get into some options. Mine's an earlier-'22 build.

ExpyNole

Reaction score
@LokiWolf Since the HD Tow models lose Active Park Assist 2.0...you think it could be enabled in Forscan if an owner adds the button? Ala when someone adds the trailer brake controller?
I think all the items are there to do it, no?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@LokiWolf Since the HD Tow models lose Active Park Assist 2.0...you think it could be enabled in Forscan if an owner adds the button? Ala when someone adds the trailer brake controller?
I think all the items are there to do it, no?
@ExpyNole Sorry I missed this! Yes, but they removed it for a reason on the Heavy Tow, and honestly haven't seen a good explanation as to why they can't coexist. Now Active Park Assist is being removed in general from most that are shipping. My guess is there is another control module that is completely removed. Not just the button. The button wouldn't save them anything, and the reason it is being removed in general is to save chips. So don't think it would be as easy as coding and a button sadly.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just checked at the Forscan site, and looks like they are up to version 2.3.50 for Windows as of a month ago, with claimed "improved support for 2022 and 2023 MY model". Has anyone experimented with their 2022+ to see if we now have the ability to customize features?

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just checked at the Forscan site, and looks like they are up to version 2.3.50 for Windows as of a month ago, with claimed "improved support for 2022 and 2023 MY model". Has anyone experimented with their 2022+ to see if we now have the ability to customize features?
You have an adapter? If so, plug it up, and read it. If you get the drop down options for the BCM, then it supports that Strategy.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have an adapter? If so, plug it up, and read it. If you get the drop down options for the BCM, then it supports that Strategy.
I was asking because I haven't updated my Forscan setup since 2018 when I dialed in my last Expedition. I think I read that once Forscan got to a certain version that it wants an updated adapter that doesn't have to manually switch between the two busses. I was hoping to hold off on investing until I knew we were there, but maybe I'll just take the plunge and see what happens.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was asking because I haven't updated my Forscan setup since 2018 when I dialed in my last Expedition. I think I read that once Forscan got to a certain version that it wants an updated adapter that doesn't have to manually switch between the two busses. I was hoping to hold off on investing until I knew we were there, but maybe I'll just take the plunge and see what happens.
Yeah the classic Elm327’s with the switch really aren’t encouraged anymore. Not even sure they will work at all. Haven’t used one in years. I use an OBDLink MX+ most of the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze