22 Exterior Zone Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone, yes my 22 is only days old and I'm trying to figure everything out. First one dealer has seen so they don't know. The owners manual, starting on page 117, mentions exterior zone lighting, and tells how to access settings on both the 12.3" and 15" screens. There is NO mention of "(if equipped)" as the manual does for optional items. I have the 15" screen, and when I hit the vehicle button, and then Controls menu, I only see 3 'control' soft buttons - Camera, Trailer, and Valet Mode. Does anybody know what the deal is with exterior zone lighting? Seems like it could be very useful at times. Thanks.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone, yes my 22 is only days old and I'm trying to figure everything out. First one dealer has seen so they don't know. The owners manual, starting on page 117, mentions exterior zone lighting, and tells how to access settings on both the 12.3" and 15" screens. There is NO mention of "(if equipped)" as the manual does for optional items. I have the 15" screen, and when I hit the vehicle button, and then Controls menu, I only see 3 'control' soft buttons - Camera, Trailer, and Valet Mode. Does anybody know what the deal is with exterior zone lighting? Seems like it could be very useful at times. Thanks.
Our 22 didn't have it so I think it would have to be optioned.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it a timber or platty

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only available on a Platinum or Timberland.(and possibly a King Ranch) IF it is equipped with Zone lighting, there will be two buttons to the right of the headlight control. My 2022 Platinum has the two buttons, as well as Zone Lighting on the 15" screen

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. It will be interesting if someone with KR or Platinum weighs in. My SPP had every optioned ticked with the exception of rear seat DVD.
Zone lighting was only available for timberline and platty. It's not on the other trims.

mlogan

Reaction score
I haven’t found it to be amazingly useful yet but maybe I don’t know how to have fun?
Beach party? Camping?
I’m puzzled on the use case. Would rather have adaptive headlights but oh well.
Seeing a little gimmicky.