22 Timberline Recirculate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KetMalice

Reaction score
My wife is a bit overly sensitive to exhaust smell, she can tell when I can’t.

But it seems since the last update (15.5” screen) the recirculate won’t stay on for more than 2 minutes. Anyone else having this issue?

ExpyNole

Reaction score
it's not just the 2022's. It's all newer fords. At least from 2020, maybe earlier. Our '20 expedition did the same thing. Randomly go open vent from recirc, then back to recirc. A '21 F150 rental we had did the same thing. Maybe there's something in forscan to stop it, but i have no idea. obnoxious for sure because the air speed doubles, lol.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, same on my 2022 with the smaller screen. It has always turned off in past years, but never this quickly. I'd have to time it on my other Fords but it's more like 5-7 minutes. In the past if you had the dash vents on the recirculate would never turn off, but haven't noticed if it does that with the 2022's.

Dvercher

Reaction score
I am having similar issues - I don't like the smell of exhaust and it will not stay on recirculate mode.

Found this in owner's manual:

Note: Recirculated air may turn off automatically, or prevent you from switching on in all air flow modes except MAX A/C to reduce the risk of fogging. Recirculation may also turn on and off automatically in various air distribution control combinations to improve heating or cooling efficiency.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is 100% intentional, and not changeable with FORSCAN as far as i know. Part of it is safety related to prevent the buildup of CO2.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is 100% intentional, and not changeable with FORSCAN as far as i know. Part of it is safety related to prevent the buildup of CO2.
Definitely intentional and I think they made it turn off quicker now because of COVID.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is your reasoning for this thought?
It's just an assumption, but I'm thinking rather than having stale air recirculating around and possibly carrying germs it turns off the recirculate sooner. Why else would they shorten the time drastically over the past couple of years? :think:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65