23 Timberline unresponsive gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rusar

Reaction score
We've had our Timberline since April and now have about 9000 miles on it. I usually drive it in sport mode and am really happy with it. We've had an intermittent issue that isn't able to be recreated. When pulling off from a stop the car will start going and then the pedal will become completely unresponsive. The pedal will move but no engine rev or any type of response, no warning lights. I posted on a Facebook group about it and one other person there had a similar issue. We do have an appointment to get it checked out but I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Timberline, build late Nov 2022 - Dec 2022, picked up on 12/20/2022. The exact issue the OP is describing I’ve had happen twice (maybe 3 times). Press the peddle goes a little then NOTHING, for a few seconds then goes as normal. Pretty scary when you are pull out into traffic and nothing for 2 to 4 seconds. I haven’t brought it up to the dealership yet because I don’t want to loose the vehicle for weeks only to be told they can’t find anything. This is definitely a module programming issue. Not sure if TSB 22-2428 applies to this problem or not.

OP
OP
R

rusar

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Timberline, build late Nov 2022 - Dec 2022, picked up on 12/20/2022. The exact issue the OP is describing I’ve had happen twice (maybe 3 times). Press the peddle goes a little then NOTHING, for a few seconds then goes as normal. Pretty scary when you are pull out into traffic and nothing for 2 to 4 seconds. I haven’t brought it up to the dealership yet because I don’t want to loose the vehicle for weeks only to be told they can’t find anything. This is definitely a module programming issue. Not sure if TSB 22-2428 applies to this problem or not.
Please report it just in case something happens! I'm worried about the possibility of being in a wreck myself.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pull the codes (if any) first. then take it to to Ford dealer and report it as an operating safety hazard. When I recently had my throttle body fail, engine went to idle multiple times leaving me with traffic wizzing by me while trying to get to the shoulder, they seemed to take this as a critical issue and fixed it the same day, of course I walked in the door with printed out proof it was the throttle body.

Last edited:

RacerBX1

Reaction score
Please report it just in case something happens! I'm worried about the possibility of being in a wreck myself.
I will report it. Going in for service on Wednesday for oil change and SSM’s for Rear Hatch two button press to open and radio going crazy with loud static and popping speakers.

TheVI

Reaction score
I will report it. Going in for service on Wednesday for oil change and SSM’s for Rear Hatch two button press to open and radio going crazy with loud static and popping speakers.
Which one is the test hatch
On my timberline I noticed it doesn’t open first time

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pull the codes (if any) first. then take it to to Ford dealer and report it as an operating safety hazard. When I recently had my throttle body fail, engine went to idle multiple times leaving me with traffic wizzing by me while trying to get to the shoulder, they seemed to take this as a critical issue and fixed it the same day, of course I walked in the door with printed out proof it was the throttle body.
Would you please explain further on what is exactly wrong with the throttle body? I've never heard of this before. Thanks!

RacerBX1

Reaction score
Which one is the test hatch
On my timberline I noticed it doesn’t open first time
SSM 51789 is the “Special Service Message” for the rear hatch. Details can be found by searching this website or doing an internet search. If vehicle is locked it will take two button presses to open rear hatch. If all doors are unlocked rear hatch will open with one press of the button. It’s a program bug in the module and Ford has a updated software for this module.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire