23 Timberline unresponsive gas pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would you please explain further on what is exactly wrong with the throttle body? I've never heard of this before. Thanks!
This is a fairly common issue on all the 3.6 ecoboosts. My brother's F-150 had this issue too, out of warranty, it is just a replace it and it is fine sort of thing. I know they did some redesign on it and I haven't seen it come up on the expedition forums but it can display a variety of symptoms. Stalling, dropping to idle while crusing, going into limp mode, etc. Almost always seems to have a code indicating something is up with the ETB. I think the ETB is like 5-600 bucks. Some speculation that it was oil getting into the ETB and ruining it, some said adding a catch can kept them good longer.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a fairly common issue on all the 3.6 ecoboosts. My brother's F-150 had this issue too, out of warranty, it is just a replace it and it is fine sort of thing. I know they did some redesign on it and I haven't seen it come up on the expedition forums but it can display a variety of symptoms. Stalling, dropping to idle while crusing, going into limp mode, etc. Almost always seems to have a code indicating something is up with the ETB. I think the ETB is like 5-600 bucks. Some speculation that it was oil getting into the ETB and ruining it, some said adding a catch can kept them good longer.
Thank you very much for these details!

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would you please explain further on what is exactly wrong with the throttle body? I've never heard of this before. Thanks!
Read this thread. It explains all the telltale signs, the codes and replacement cost of part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire