28 spline to 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrailGoat

Reaction score
I've been looking to add lockers or limited slip to my 2017 limited
I have a limited slip for the rear but the front is harder to find
Best I can tell we have a 28 spline 8.8 and most f150s have 31 spline so my question is can I swap out the carrier and get f150 31 spline shafts and then I can choose from many option offered for the f150?
If any one can point me in the right direction that would be great

OP
OP
T

TrailGoat

Reaction score
Thanks Jason
I looked into that but it says it fits 97 to 08 maybe I'm missing something because I'm not to bright but every locker or limited slip for a ford f 150 says it will not fit a same year expedition or at least for my year
My next step is to get ahold of the manufacturers and find out what they offer
I guess I was hoping another 2017 owner would say " I put this locker in the front "

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Jason
I looked into that but it says it fits 97 to 08 maybe I'm missing something because I'm not to bright but every locker or limited slip for a ford f 150 says it will not fit a same year expedition or at least for my year
My next step is to get ahold of the manufacturers and find out what they offer
I guess I was hoping another 2017 owner would say " I put this locker in the front "

Understood. An alternate strategy might be calling shops that do the diff upgrades. It wouldn't even need to be in your area, as long as it was competent and had the requisite experience. Perhaps check distributors for the part you're looking at. Good luck.