2nd gen leveling option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've done a lot of searching and research, but it's all still pretty sparse info on the 2nd gen, for my 2wd. Has anyone used the Belistein BE5-C300-H1 (editted) spring purch adjustable 5100 series shocks up front, listed as fitting the F-150, but not listing as fitting the Expeditions? The non adjustable Bilsteins (BE5-A761-H1) are listed as fitting either, so it stands to reason the adjustable ones would too.

-Jon

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to try it and let everyone know if it works out. I've got a few options to purchase Bilsteins, so hopefully, if they don't work out, I return them, or at least get some kind of credit.

-Jon

OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got with my shock guy yesterday and ordered the adjustable Bilsteins for leveling the front end. I should know in about a month how well they work out. We both agreed from all the part numbers that do cross between the F150 and the Exp. front end, that they will work.

-Jon

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how much adjustment do they provide? could you add them to an already leveled suspension for additional lift?

00XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been wondering about that myself. Let me know how that plays out.

OP
OP
J

jrally

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have the adjustable spring purch. I believe Bilstein rates the three adjuments at; Stock, +1" and +2". I certainly wouldn't recommend going much past 2-3" of lift on our trucks, the ball joint angle isn't capable of it, from what I've seen. I could be wrong though. I'll take before and after pictures, when it's at the shop getting the work done.

-Jon