2nd row seat won't tumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djhl

Reaction score
Have 2002 Expy with the 2 person 2nd row seat which just folds up, and the single person seat which is supposed to both fold and tumble (for entry to 3rd row seat). Folds Ok, but wont tumble. Pull on lever about an inch up, and seem to get to a "stop". As if some latch won't release. Anyone had same problem? Any hints as how to troubleshoot? Did remove plastic cover and found that when lever is pulled to the mysterious stop, there is an arm which pulls a cable and it is just shy of pulling the cable, and when I do that myself the seat back nicely rotates forward, but stop does not release. I can see the rear attach situation, and the two pawls on either end of the attach fitting tube just wont release. HELP.

OP
OP
D

djhl

Reaction score
Found/fixed problem. Took long close look at lever and pawl linkage. Determined that "stop" I felt was pawls just not releasing. Shot some WD40 into them, pulled hard on release lever while rocking seat, and it finally released. Some debris in wells/pockets of where pawls are, cleaned same, more WD40 onto pawls and bar they engage onto, and seat much easier to release. Still a bit of resistance. Will try some light grease. Hope this aids someone.