2V or 3V

Which do you all prefer the 5.4 2V or 3V?

• 5.4 2V

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • 5.4 3V

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am the oppisite of Walnuts. I would rather have the 2v. More HP mods for it and cheaper. If I would have done more research,I would have gotten the 2v. To late now.

there are the same amount of mods for the 2 valve engines as there are for the 3 valve engines.
for every 7-15 hp gained in a 2 valve a 3 valve will gain 14-30hp over the 2 valve. and a 4 valve head doesn't offer much gains over the 3 valve head.

as for this topic I would get a 3v 5.4l you'll get better MPGs than gen1 and more torque and power.
don't worry about plugs.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 06 with a 3v. They do have some issues with noise but at least my spark plugs know when to stay in the engine. Having driven both 2v and 3v, I would pick a 3v every time.

Sorry about the thread resurrection, just now saw the date! Oops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
03 Navi with 4v oooooooh yeaaa. Lots of power and I can change plugs without a worry. :party52:

I agree, 4v is a better engine, even better if it's with a VCT system like in the Mustang. But the 4v which the Navigator came with actually has the same power as a 3v, with the 3v gaining 10 hp more in 2010. So in terms of power, the 4v from the 99-04 Navigator is identical to the 3v which came in the 05 and 06.

As far as 2v vs 3v, the 3v is a better and more powerful engine, but it is more vulnerable for lacking maintenance and of course it has an issue with spark plugs. 2v also has issues with spark plugs, just a different one. As long as you get the original factory plugs out, the spark plug issue practically goes away on the 3v and with proper maintenance it will last just as long as a 2v.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr