3.5 Exhaust Manifold replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, we went with the BD Diesel ones with the turbo install kits as well. My husband installed them a few weeks ago along with replacing one of the turbos that had an internal oil leak with an OEM one from Ford.
So far so good. We towed our travel trailer last week and it's got plenty of power and no problems.

Kudos to your husband! I've watched several videos on the repair, and I've decided that I know my limits. I just don't have the space or time to have the truck in pieces in my driveway. I suggest locking out the 6th gear when towing. I think the manifold warpage is caused by heat buildup from the turbos. The BD Diesel manifolds are still cast...the stud may not stop them from deforming if they get too hot. You can reduce heat by using a lower gear, as the turbos will generate less boost in lower gears. Also use 91+ when towing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65