3.5 inch bodylift install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyfair

Reaction score
Has anyone done one of those 3.5 inch bodylift on their 1st generation expy? I have a suspension lift already and looking to install a bodylift. I do know they come with extension for steering shaft, do I need to extend anything else? thank you. I am not worried about bumper brackets, they serve no use for.me. thank you.20210708_171933.jpg

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey, I don’t believe there is anything else that need to be extended. I did mine about 2-3 years ago.

OP
OP
T

Tyfair

Reaction score
Hey, I don’t believe there is anything else that need to be extended. I did mine about 2-3 years ago.
I know you have to extend the steering shaft, it comes with an extension. right? where did you buy your bl lift? thanks

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuel fill hose will interfere with the frame past 2" 1/2 inches of body lift. Mine is touching the frame and I used double stacked hockey pucks for my body lift.

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the shift cable, anything connected to the body and frame ( wires, hoses, etc. ), You will need to remove the lower portion of the fan shroud. Can't remember everything bcuz it's been a few years since I did mine. Wasn't too much though.

craig sargood

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine came with the steering extension, my fuel filler hit the front or something, uses some old radiator hose to insulate, no problems.