304a B&O audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on the sound quality with the '22 speakers' from the 304a build? After spending lots of time & $ upgrading my XLT audio to a very acceptable quality, i'm thinking about trading in on a 2022 Max.

Follow up, where are they putting all those speakers?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B&O Unleashed is fantastic. All of the components (Amp and speakers) are sourced from Harman. Harman does the audio eq tuning in conjunction with Ford audio engineers.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy has 4 more speakers and larger cabin the f150, so I'm sure it'll sound different.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Frankly I am unimpressed with the B&O in my 2018 Platinum.
hopefully the 2022 is improved?
The bass hits weakly, and then tapers off from there.
If the amp is driving a lot of midrange, it “steals” juice from the sub in the back. you can hear the sub drop off to almost 6X9 level hits… it’s pretty bad.

My wife’s 2014 Toyota has the premium JBL system, and it blows mine out of the water. In clarity, detail, power, bass… you name it.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, I thought different. Compared to bose, infinity, and others and the b&o In the expy blows them away. I tested the new denali and the new wagoneer as well as my current armada bose and the expy is better than all but the Macintosh of the wagoneer. However, if you don't tune it right, it may not sound as good as you want. I listen to alot of my music through USB, and using it the system shines bright.

Last edited:

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Frankly I am unimpressed with the B&O in my 2018 Platinum.
hopefully the 2022 is improved?
The bass hits weakly, and then tapers off from there.
If the amp is driving a lot of midrange, it “steals” juice from the sub in the back. you can hear the sub drop off to almost 6X9 level hits… it’s pretty bad.

My wife’s 2014 Toyota has the premium JBL system, and it blows mine out of the water. In clarity, detail, power, bass… you name it.
Agreed. My 2018 Plati is just "ok" in the sound dept. I have switched between surround and stereo in conjunction with the different inputs (BT, Carplay, Radio and Sat) trying to find a happy medium along with moving the balance and fade. I can't. Do not even get me started on Sat radio and the quality of the sound they push out. They have degraded the quality immensely (IMO) since they merged years ago.

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the B&O in my 2018, it's ok.
I have the B&O unleashed in my 2022 F150 and it's much better and I'm happy with it.
I primarily listen to Apple music on the highest quality setting.

taylor910

Reaction score
I've had my 2022 expedition with unleashed for 1 week. I like the sound, clean and can get loud without distorting. My only knock is the bass is weak. Coming from a 2019 Ram 1500 that had good low end sound. Could be because the cab is a lot larger in the expy.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had my 2022 expedition with unleashed for 1 week. I like the sound, clean and can get loud without distorting. My only knock is the bass is weak. Coming from a 2019 Ram 1500 that had good low end sound. Could be because the cab is a lot larger in the expy.
You have a 2022??

PICS NOW!!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky