3rd row, center seat too hard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xmantec

Reaction score
Hello, I'm about to buy a Expedition Platinum at the Ford dealer, when I tested it and seated in the 3rd row I felt that the 3rd row center seat was too hard, is it me or all have the same hardness? I own a 2007 and I feel the seat was softer before.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
You’re comparing two vehicle seats that are 11 years apart?

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have only sat in my 2016 rear seat once, dont remember if it was soft or hard. My passengers dont complain.
i imagine its no where near as comfy as the front seats
our second row buckets are pretty darn comfortable considering how they fold up and down
it third row reclined, that might be a cool thing

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmm, an 80K truck and the only question revolves around the seat least sat in? OK, but why does it even matter? It's an 80K truck....I would be more concerned with...oh, I dunno.....something, anything in the Drivers or engine area?

just ragging on you brother.....

jeff

OP
OP
X

Xmantec

Reaction score
You’re comparing two vehicle seats that are 11 years apart?

Yes, did I mention my 2007 Expedition only has 16,000 miles? So, basically it is like new, and 3rd. row seats used very few times. That's why I'm comparing both seats.

OP
OP
X

Xmantec

Reaction score
Hmmm, an 80K truck and the only question revolves around the seat least sat in? OK, but why does it even matter? It's an 80K truck....I would be more concerned with...oh, I dunno.....something, anything in the Drivers or engine area?

just ragging on you brother.....

jeff

Jeff, of course it is more important for me as a driver the engine, front seats, safety, infotainment..., but also I do care for the comfort of the people that sometimes can use that 3rd. row. That's the reason I asked the question, I think it is a step back in comfort if the 3rd. row center seat is like that, a pro thing is that now you have a headrest.

:)

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Yes, did I mention my 2007 Expedition only has 16,000 miles? So, basically it is like new, and 3rd. row seats used very few times. That's why I'm comparing both seats.
:eek:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mine has 16,000 miles too, Times ten.