4th Gen Expy Max - Wrapped C-Pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josedirte4

Reaction score
@loganvanderbilt , if you're going to use vinyl, it won't be a true gloss black or match the other pillars for that matter. I recently had mine done and it drives me up a wall because it's an obvious mis-match. At low light and the right angle you can't tell the difference. However, in direct sunlight the vinyl has an orange peel texture to it. It almost looks like a cross between a satin and a gloss black. I have asked a few different shops locally and they all told me this is what vinyl looks like. In order to get a true match, you will need to find a shop that will use a PPF wrap instead of vinyl. If you look at the other posters on here that has used vinyl, look closely and you can see the difference between the wrapped pillar and the other pillars. I am not knocking on the other posters by any means since I recently had this done myself (this was before I realized what vinyl truly looks like), I am simply trying to save you some money if you want it to match the other pillars.

josedirte4

Reaction score
Yes the item in the link looks to be a much better match. Another downside to vinyl is it will show scratches. PPF is very scratch resistant and is also self healing. You will see the differences in the vinyl and the other pillars when your vinyl comes in. The color will be nearly identical, but the texture, finish, and lack of clarity won’t be. Most people don’t/won’t pay attention to the mis-match honestly, but it drove me nuts lol. Hopefully this helps.