Lifted Stealth 4th Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave91gt

Reaction score
2019 Stealth with CCD. Ready Lift 3/2- but didn't quite get a 3" lift in the front as advertised. Wheels are 18x9 Fuels with 295 70 18 (34") Falken Wildpeaks. Have had this combo for almost two years now and am happy with the setup. No rubbing. Only regrets:
1. This expedition does not have the HD tow and only has 3.31 gears. The EcoBoost pulls the tire size just fine, but the gearing isn't the greatest for WV hills. It does need to downshift. Next one will have 3.73's because I will definitely lift it.
2. Not a huge fan of the CCD. The rear is pretty sloppy on bumps and the extra height did make it a bit "bouncier".
I later added Helwig sway bars front and rear- that really helped the handling after lifting.

Attachments

• Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 34

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fwiw, I would think all you need to prevent errors after deleting the CCD shocks is resistors across the wires that went to them. Afaik, it's just a 2 wire connection to a solenoid inside the CCD shocks. There's no sensors inside the shock.

OP
OP
C

calcarriers1

Reaction score
I appreciate the picture and feedback! I did get the Rough Country complete 3 inch lift and some 285/75/18 Coopers
( 34.8 inch ) that are in the shop. But I haven't decided on rims yet since not many options for the 18x9 without getting a really low offset, want to keep +12-20 max. Where did you get the sway bar set up from? We have 6 people in the max at all times and really want to keep that rear end in check more if could since live on country backroads.

Attachments

• fuel-wheels-d579-vector-matte-black-rims-audiocityusa-10-1524989a78.jpg
    fuel-wheels-d579-vector-matte-black-rims-audiocityusa-10-1524989a78.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20231128_232254_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_232254_Chrome.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

dave91gt

Reaction score
I appreciate the picture and feedback! I did get the Rough Country complete 3 inch lift and some 285/75/18 Coopers
( 34.8 inch ) that are in the shop. But I haven't decided on rims yet since not many options for the 18x9 without getting a really low offset, want to keep +12-20 max. Where did you get the sway bar set up from? We have 6 people in the max at all times and really want to keep that rear end in check more if could since live on country backroads.
If I recall, I bought from Summit Racing. Part numbers 7696 and 7688 I believe are the front and rear part numbers. Double check that though. I found out about them actually on this forum.The rims I have are either +18 or +20. Again- been awhile. But there were several types in that size back when I was researching. One other mention is I trimmed the front of the power running boards by a small amount. They never actually made contact with the tires when turned and deployed, but they were close. Easy to do but you likely should be fine. The tire size you are going to run is a bit narrower than what I’m running. AND- the RC lift may actually give you the full lift as advertised. If we end up in another Expy, I’m going to try RC myself.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Copy/Paste from my "Want to buy" in my notes. Prices might be old.

REAR SWAY BAR FORD 07-21 EXPEDITION/NAVIGATOR 2WD/4WD
Part Number: 7688
Price: $362.64

FRONT SWAY BAR KIT FORD/LINCOLN 07-21 EXPEDITION/NAVIGATOR
Part Number: 7696
Price: $470.45

ACJ990

Reaction score
Did you have any fitment issues in the rear with it being a 20x9 wheel?

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand why the CCD is so hard to delete. When I looked at the wiring diagram there were no sensors, just the solenoid in the shock, so putting a resistor across the circuit where that solenoid used to be should fake out the car. So it thinks it's still there. And then you would get no codes

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani