4WD Engage and Disengage Solenoids Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigD9795

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where the 4WD Solenoids are located on a 1999 Expedition 5.4L Eddie Baur are located. I have read several posts that say they are located on the firewall right behind the battery on the passenger side. I looked and they are not there. I am having issues with my $WD not wanting to engage. At first it was intermittent and now it's all the time. I figure it is either the Transfer Case motor that is bad or the solenoids. But I would like to check the solenoids before I start doing anything else since it should be a quick and easy thing to check. But I can't find where they are???? I don't know if it is any help, but on my selector switch I only have 3 positions: A4WD/4 Hi/4 Lo. Any help?

OP
OP
B

BigD9795

Reaction score
It appears that since mine does not have a selector postion for 2WD that it doesn't have the solenoids vacuum system to completely disengage the front differential. So I am thinking that my issue must be the transfer case motor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65