4x ProComp 100watt roof mounted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys after lifting the expo slightly, added a few procomp 100watt explorer lights. I picked them up for $10 ea on CL. Wound up re painting and re finishing them. I mounted all for on the front luggage rack carrier. I spaced them by placing each one in a different recess in the roof for water drainage. To wire I used 14awg per 2 lights. I ran 2 to the left side and 2 lights to the right. I sheathed each set of wires with a special mesh for protection after using shrink wrap for water proofing. I was able to fit the wires under the weather stripping on the edges of the windshield after cleaning out the door. Reluctantly they sat flush and I dropped the wires under the hood and routed them around the hood hinges. I sheathed the inside again and set it into the little tabs that run along the inside hood above engine. For a switch I got a toggle and mounted it to the left of the steering wheel and below the low beams in the underguard of the steering wheel. For power I spiced into the red and black wires that are fused in the auxiliary hook up below. To remove panel just take the 3 black screws of the bottom.

Finally I wired the grounds together on a ring connector and hooked to the neg terminal on the battery and pulled power for lights from the battery. Finally I wired them all to a single 14vDC 60A relay from radioshack.

da9uravu.jpg

u6ydy8u6.jpg

du3ypusa.jpg

anesaver.jpg

zu5arure.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I would have suggested 12ga wire to the lights, and certainly 10ga or so for the wires running to the relay.

OP
OP
R

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would have suggested 12ga wire to the lights, and certainly 10ga or so for the wires running to the relay.

I would agree had I run more than 2 lights per set of lines or a higher wattage. According to US standards, 14 ga under 25ft can handle 32-34A conservatively. 2 lights are pulling 16A per line so only half the capacity. I've ran the lights continuously on without the wire even getting warm. So far so good. Ill keep your suggestion in mind if they start going haywire

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oefootball_70

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love the look! Wheels plasti dip'd? I need to do that to mine.

This is the light I'm mounting before too long. 50" LED bar. Got a great price on a group buy and I couldn't turn it down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 241

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How bright is that 50" LED bar at night? I thinking of getting one also.