Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Politis

Reaction score
I need help with my 4x4 knob. I don't know how my 2yr old managed to do this, but he broke the knob out of it's casing. The casing is screwed to the knob with 2 screws. The plastic of those 2 screws have snapped. What I've done for now, so that the 4x4 will engage, is super glue it back together, but i need a new one soon. I've checked online and only find knobs for f-150s. Other than running to a Ford dealer (no time during the week) is there any place online where I can find one of these? Thanks in advanced.

ps: fun fact. If the knob isn't held in place the entire time, the 4x4 disengages. The dash still shows 4x, but if you check the power transfer screen in offroad, it only shows power to rear. By turning the engine off, holding the knob in place really tight, and then turning it back on, the 4x4 will re-engage we are good to go.

OP
OP
J

Jason Politis

Reaction score
Boom. This one has it! Thanks. I just assumed all these parts sites sourced from the same places, so if I couldn't find it in one, I didn't expect to find on any other. Thank you kindly!

OP
OP
J

Jason Politis

Reaction score
Thank you for placing your order with Tasca Parts!

While reviewing your order (Order 1248299) for processing I've discovered an issue. Part #CL3Z-14B166-DA is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We are unable to acquire it at this time. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, sometimes the demand for certain parts and accessories exceeds manufacturers’ current supplies. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I super glued it together it works

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the part # for an 07-14 if you run into trouble with that one. It’s the same physical dimensions and modes just a different knob style. 2 years ago when I was having issues with the 4WD the 07-14 switch was on back-order but the dealer said they could sell me a 2017 knob and it would work, just that the styling would be different. Problem wasn’t the switch/knob so original stayed.

B60AF00B-D1FB-4E3D-B536-1271B8E8B012.jpeg

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for placing your order with Tasca Parts!

While reviewing your order (Order 1248299) for processing I've discovered an issue. Part #CL3Z-14B166-DA is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We are unable to acquire it at this time. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, sometimes the demand for certain parts and accessories exceeds manufacturers’ current supplies. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I super glued it together it works

My father only purchased GM vehicles. When I was a teenager, I recall asking him why he didn’t buy Ford vehicles (as I had several friends that had Mustangs).

My father said “you can never get repair parts quickly for Fords” - and you need your car to get to work.

I owned GM vehicles for 46 years and bought my first Ford, a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change ( with about 6,000 miles on it) - the RF shock was leaking. The dealer ordered it, then told me the shock was on national back order. The part eventually arrived about a month later.

My Dad was wiser than I thought.

OP
OP
J

Jason Politis

Reaction score
My father only purchased GM vehicles. When I was a teenager, I recall asking him why he didn’t buy Ford vehicles (as I had several friends that had Mustangs).

My father said “you can never get repair parts quickly for Fords” - and you need your car to get to work.

I owned GM vehicles for 46 years and bought my first Ford, a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change ( with about 6,000 miles on it) - the RF shock was leaking. The dealer ordered it, then told me the shock was on national back order. The part eventually arrived about a month later.

My Dad was wiser than I thought.

Great story bro. Was waiting for the tree-fitty :p. I wish I had a more amazing come back, but my wit is as hard to find as Ford parts :D

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The off-road power distribution display in my '17 typically only shows power to the rear wheels unless I'm accelerating or the engine is otherwise under load.

-- Chuck
Thanks for sharing. :rolleyes: