90 day navigation vs 3 years listed in order guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a brief update after getting off the phone with Ford customer service just now:
Ford customer service has internally escalated my inquiry, they see the HD tow package comes with 90 days of navigation (stand alone), and they see that the "Special Edition Package" (50T) includes "Connected Built-In Navigation (3 Years of Service)2 (2 Navigation service requires SYNC®4 and FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), complimentary connect service and the FordPass app (see FordPass Terms for details). Customer receives a complimentary 3-year trial of navigation services when an eligible vehicle is added to member’s FordPass account. Trial period begins with new vehicle warranty start date. At the end of the complimentary period, access to connected navigation services will be discontinued.), Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, Live Traffic, Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance". Yet, after bouncing around in 4 different departments since the start of this thread, they cannot understand why apparently one overrides the other in their system, and automatically reverts to the 90 day trial subscription.

As such, this has yet to be resolved, if I'm lucky, I'll hear back from them in the next 7-10 days.

I'll update this thread once I hear back from them.

Bill

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interestingly I saw this pop up in the FordPass app today. Maybe you got to someone important @mrmustang

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220901-180459.png
    Screenshot_20220901-180459.png
    433.1 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interestingly I saw this pop up in the FordPass app today. Maybe you got to someone important @mrmustang
Just logged in to my Ford Pass and see the same thing. As for getting to someone important, not likely it was a direct action to my inquiry, but I did email CS copies of the dealer order guides, both before, and after my order was placed, along with the new MY23 order guide stating the 3 years connected navigation. I really do suspect it was a matter of how it was coded into the system, where one line item overwrote the other.

Still no calls or emails on the subject, will check the Ford app again some time next week to see if it shows as activated or not.

Bill S.

OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just off the phone with Ford customer support, and I now have my 3 years of "connected navigation".

Had to reset the truck, and my Ford app to get it all wrapped up, but Ford saw the error of their ways when it came to the "50T" Special Edition Package (see post above), and the 90 days listed under the HD towing package.

Bill S.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just off the phone with Ford customer support, and I now have my 3 years of "connected navigation".

Had to reset the truck, and my Ford app to get it all wrapped up, but Ford saw the error of their ways when it came to the "50T" Special Edition Package (see post above), and the 90 days listed under the HD towing package.

Bill S.
That's great news Bill. I may have to give them a call as well to activate mine unless they are just going to push it out to all the 50T package folks (which might be the case since I saw it pop up in FordPass as pending).

I wonder if it'll still function as a normal GPS after 3 years or if that requires hardware (such as storage) that our vehicles never received in the factory to make it "built in" like the guide states.

OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's great news Bill. I may have to give them a call as well to activate mine unless they are just going to push it out to all the 50T package folks (which might be the case since I saw it pop up in FordPass as pending).

I wonder if it'll still function as a normal GPS after 3 years or if that requires hardware (such as storage) that our vehicles never received in the factory to make it "built in" like the guide states.
You first need to do a master reset in your settings screen in the truck
Wait for the reset to happen and come back up
Then you need to remove the 2022 Expedition from your Ford pass.
Then reconnect truck on your Ford app
Took about 8-10 minutes in all from start to finish, both combined.
Once that occurred, it took another 3-5 minutes for the "Connected Navigation" to show up as active.

During and after this, I received a bunch of emails from Ford about losing the function, losing the connectivity, etc....I ignored them all, as they were just system delays for each step that was happening.

My list above is strictly a cliff notes version, so double check with your online owners manual before doing the reset.

Bill S.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've driven to lots of forest mountain areas to go hiking and don't remember the last time I couldn't get cell service. At least once I made it back to main roads.

With AT&T down in VA there are a lot of dead spots. In the DWGNRA, there are quite a few on the NJ side of the river.

snowrider0985

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this? Im just curious if i need to call customer service before i do the master reset?

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't called them yet. Today is my last day of the 90 day free trial. I figured I'll see what happens tomorrow. In my FordPass app it says connected built in nav is pending so I'm wondering if it'll automatically switch tomorrow when the 90 day runs out. If it doesn't I'll call them and ask what is going on and see if I get the same answer as Bill.

Last edited:

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is an update on my situation for those that might be interested.

This morning my 90 day "Connected Nav" trial expired and was missing from the connected services area in the FordPass app (was there yesterday when still active). The nav was just a map with no ability to search or get directions. The "Connected Built in Nav" was still showing "Activation Pending" in the FordPass app so it didn't automatically do anything like I hoped it might. I called Ford connected services (866-861-0420) and they walked me through what Bill mentioned above. The steps we took were go to:

Settings
General
Reset
FordPass Connect Reset
Reset All

This removed the vehicle from my FordPass app. I then had to add the vehicle back into the app. After waiting a little while (10-20 minutes perhaps), the "Connected Built in Nav" became active in the FordPass app and the 3 year end date appeared there.

So overall I'm pretty happy they did the right thing and corrected their mistake of removing it for the Special Edition (50T) with HD Tow customers. I guess we will see if it works after 3 years when the connected features go away.

Last edited: