97 Expedition EB Window Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azazel_18_2

Reaction score
I have one window that has problems rolling down. Removed door panel and took a look. Regulator is still good BUT the peices that are glued to the window have come un-glued. ANy idea what kind of glue can be used? I really do not want to replace a window just because these little pieces come un-glued. Would gorilla glue work well? Any ideas????

RustyH

Reaction score
I have one window that has problems rolling down. Removed door panel and took a look. Regulator is still good BUT the peices that are glued to the window have come un-glued. ANy idea what kind of glue can be used? I really do not want to replace a window just because these little pieces come un-glued. Would gorilla glue work well? Any ideas????

DO NOT use Gorilla glue for any repair like this. Most gorilla glues expand when drying and that will bind you windows even more. If you are talking about the pieces of the window channel.....you might be better off buying a replacemen part than trying to glue a few pieces back in. If you are determined to reattach them...looking into some sort of silicone adhesive and use that sparingly.

OP
OP
A

azazel_18_2

Reaction score
I am talking about the pieces that are glued to the window that the regulator bolts to. Looks like some sort of silicone or glue was used at the factory to hold them on. I do not want to replace the window just because some glue came loose. These pieces are only provided on the window and are not replaceable.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my 97 E.B. i got the epoxy from a local glass shop they didnt even charge me for it... it looks and smells like J B weld but it has held for about five months now

OP
OP
A

azazel_18_2

Reaction score
Went to my local glass shop and they gave me a half used tube of urethane adhesive and said this should do the trick. Looking foward to being able to roll my window down!