98 Power Seat Base stuck/pictures/parts Diagrams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spatula

Reaction score
I just bought a 98 Expedition XLT with the power driver's seat. In what seems to be a somewhat common story, the power seat was moved all the way back, and now just clicks when you try to move it forward. Up, down, and front & rear tilts all fine. I raised it all the way up, and can't for the life of me see what is stuck when looking under there.
I have read quite a few threads in my searching telling about how to wiggle this or move that with pliers or some such, but in my new-ness I can't seem to figure out what to look for, and I don't want to start taking things apart randomly without a clue.
So basically my question is, does anyone have pictures or video of this repair? Or even pics of what part to look at, which one to move, where to apply vice grips, etc? Barring that, does anyone have a clear image of a parts diagram that you can point it out on?
Sorry for my dense-ness, I really have been searching, just can't seem to quite figure out the details.
All tips appreciated. My wife is almost a foot shorter than I am, so we will both be glad when it's fixed.

Thanks,

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a similar problem with my 01 What I did was to get a long bar and use it to pry the seat forward while pressing the switch It worked for me but in the end I replaced the whole assembly. Found a good one at a you pull it yard.

Last edited:

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get somebody at the back and have him push the seat forward while you toggle on the switch.