99 XLT Top interior console questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 1999 XLT 5.4L Expedition and the dome lights in the overhead console have been destroyed by the previous owner so I need a new one. I was wondering if the 99 XLT is prewired for the LED Display for the outside temp, Direction, etc... I was was thinking of removing the entire overhead console and purchase one with the LED upgrade. But if it is not prewired there is no need to get one. Otherwise I just need to replace the dome light hardware. What do you think? -Rewarder

OP
OP
R

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nobody? I guess I'll have to yank that thing off and check myself. But I doubt it had the wiring because they would also have to install all the diagnostic or directional, temperature sensors as well. So I can't imagine they would install the sensors and leave it at that.

bigmatt207

Reaction score
im in the same boat as you but havent got the motivation to tear it all down just to see that i cant do it...let me know what you find when you do it..thanx

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Just seen this post....I have a 2000 and it was not pre-wired...it has to come from the factory with it...the only thing I found up there was the wiring on each side if you wanted lighted visors...there are pictures on my album..I yanked the headliner and insulated the roof..keeps it 20% cooler in the summer