A couple of mods for my ‘17 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bauer4567

Reaction score
I traded in my 15 Sierra All Terrain Crew Cab for my 17 EL Limited a few months ago... mainly because I needed the extra room for my growing family. I think I have the typical complaints about the vehicle... dated interior, no heated steering wheel, cheap feeling door panels and small center console...
other than that, I’ve been very happy with the expy... the engine is far superior to my previous 15 GMC Sierra all terrain, 14 f150 fx4 5.0 and 12 gmc Denali... with the Denali being the next best 6.2L was nice... but I have been so impressed with the 3.5 eco. Overall I’m very happy with the vehicle...

Anyway, I thought I’d share the couple of things I’ve done so far... nothing crazy.

I installed a roush boost/Vac gauge in the middle vent. And I also have the warning lights in my tails and grill area for getting on and off the highway into construction sites for work.

a7be20e4cd7a41ff85932a22411037a7.jpg

0314f9f55b58b9544eb0c4c4b761164c.jpg

** I will edit this post from my computer later with a couple quick videos **
I also have amber warning lights in the grill as well as hideaways in the tail lights for getting on and off the highway in construction zones for work.
It won’t let me embed a YouTube video, so here’s a couple pictures.

8b26bdebda06cb39301c31eed19a9e81.jpg

100ae7684319d2626d3a631da7ddb0f6.jpg

The only things I want to do yet... debadge, dechrome, remove luggage rack, possibly figure out the headlight retrofit with led projectors. Anyway. Thanks for a lot of valuable information found on this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice truck and nice touches. I couldn’t live without that vent for a/c blowing on me but you did a clean install of your boost gauge. I debaged a couple of weeks ago and love it. bed4ba214cf5e8bd64888c822d5eeb0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting place for the boost gauge. I like it but then again how non functional has the vent become? Im at the opposite end of the country from you in TX so I need all the air blowing on me possible. I do like it though

You don't need to do a retrofit as you already have projectors. Just switch your bulbs out to LEDs or do an HID conversion.

OP
OP
B

bauer4567

Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with getting enough AC out of the vent. You can’t direct it, but I always use the “auto” feature, and keep them out of my face anyway...

It was my understanding that the halogen projector was only high beam? I haven’t actually looked at it myself. Is the projector both high and low? If so, what’s the other large traditional looking headlight on the inside of the projectors?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with getting enough AC out of the vent. You can’t direct it, but I always use the “auto” feature, and keep them out of my face anyway...

It was my understanding that the halogen projector was only high beam? I haven’t actually looked at it myself. Is the projector both high and low? If so, what’s the other large traditional looking headlight on the inside of the projectors?

The projector is the low beam and reflector is high beam

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you’ve never looked at your head lights?

The projector is your low beam and the old school reflector is your high beam.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what you did with the boost gauge, good thinking! Already a spot there and it doesn’t look out of place. Yesterday it was 90 and I had all the vents pointed at my face though.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Looks like hes got some space around the gauge so I'm sure he's still getting air from it

OP
OP
B

bauer4567

Reaction score
you’ve never looked at your head lights?

The projector is your low beam and the old school reflector is your high beam.

Ha. Of course I’ve looked at the headlights. I just never got out when the headlights were on and saw which one was high and low!

OP
OP
B

bauer4567

Reaction score
Looks like hes got some space around the gauge so I'm sure he's still getting air from it

Yes. There is a good bit of air coming out around the gauge. I feel it a bit on my shoulder, but can’t direct it towards my face.