ABS Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My ABS Control Module (silver box with the lines coming out) has a small leak. Apparently it is a discontinued part though.Anyone know where I may be able to find one?

The only ones I have found so far are from eBay selling them “as-is” for $200+.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I just replaced mine on my 05 a few months ago, the only options I had were Ebay (I dont trust), a $700 at some one off retailers or pull one off of a junked car ($40-$60) and that's what I did, I suggest you take that route so you can get an understanding of how to remove it without breaking anything on your truck first.

Now mine failed completely as it eliminated having any ABS on my truck, the plunger inside mine has water and rust had developed internally and was no longer able to seal, in your situation it might be fixable if it's leaking at the lines not the housing as in a cracked block.

It isn't necessarily a hard job only problem I encountered was bleeding it that was a very frustrating process

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don’t make a new ABS controller for an 05’? That’s BS on Ford.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
They don’t make a new ABS controller for an 05’? That’s BS on Ford.

If I remember correctly when I was searching some ford dealers had it but it was a ridiculous amount that offset the entire truck's value

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought one a few years ago for my 97 from a salvage yard. I always buy parts from an LKQ parts seller. I paid $60 for one, installed it... It was bad too, removed it and installed.a second one and was perfect. If you ever are looking for good used parts, and want to search a larger are a rather than on salvage yard at time go to www.car-part.com, they are a big network.