ABS Control Module

Discussion in '2nd Gen - 2003 - 2006' started by creef14, Dec 6, 2018.

1. creef14

creef14 Active Member

My ABS Control Module (silver box with the lines coming out) has a small leak. Apparently it is a discontinued part though.Anyone know where I may be able to find one?

The only ones I have found so far are from eBay selling them “as-is” for $200+.

2. Habbibie

Habbibie Is it Christmas yet? Supporting Member

I just replaced mine on my 05 a few months ago, the only options I had were Ebay (I dont trust), a $700 at some one off retailers or pull one off of a junked car ($40-$60) and that's what I did, I suggest you take that route so you can get an understanding of how to remove it without breaking anything on your truck first.

Now mine failed completely as it eliminated having any ABS on my truck, the plunger inside mine has water and rust had developed internally and was no longer able to seal, in your situation it might be fixable if it's leaking at the lines not the housing as in a cracked block.

It isn't necessarily a hard job only problem I encountered was bleeding it that was a very frustrating process

3. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Enchanted Member Supporting Member

They don’t make a new ABS controller for an 05’? That’s BS on Ford.

4. Habbibie

Habbibie Is it Christmas yet? Supporting Member

If I remember correctly when I was searching some ford dealers had it but it was a ridiculous amount that offset the entire truck's value

5. johnboneske

johnboneske Full Access Members

I bought one a few years ago for my 97 from a salvage yard. I always buy parts from an LKQ parts seller. I paid $60 for one, installed it... It was bad too, removed it and installed.a second one and was perfect. If you ever are looking for good used parts, and want to search a larger are a rather than on salvage yard at time go to www.car-part.com, they are a big network.

creef14 likes this.