ABS light kicking on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fluid levels fine, should have a lot of pad left, no leaks...

ideas on where else to look or what does the light indicate when it comes on after a mile and stays till you shut it off???

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might have to get it scanned. The scanners at the autostores will usually only scan Pxxxx (powertrain) codes, not Bxxxx (I guess it stands for brakes?) codes, but you could give it a try. If not, find a decent mechanic you trust. They usually have the higher dollar scanners that can scan for Bxxxx codes.

You could just seen how much they will charge you for diagnosis (plugging the machine in). It might just be a couple dollars. Others will probably give it to you for free as long as you let them do the work. Just ask around which shops can scan brake/ABS codes.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is more than likely one of your speed sensors,which there are three, and if you replaced all three it may be cheaper that the diganostic charge, two up front around the front axle and one in the rear diff.

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this happens to me all the time it happens when you try to start to fast when comming off your brakes this happens to me all the time

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
The easiest and cheapest thing to try is to clean those wheel sensors with some brake cleaner. Sometimes they just mucked up.

I wish my abs problem was that simple. Every fuse is good and every connector is attached, but the system is somehow completely disabled. I'm beginning to think that the dash warning light is just burnt out.

Last edited: