AC relay location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few days back I should have posted this in this sub forum instead of electrical. So again I ask, is there a relay in the upper right dash area, that controls the compressor? This is on a 97 xlt.

The system works as well as the factory design, I am just trying something. Thanks

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The relay that you hear is not controlling the ac compressor but the rear ac blower motor control.

If you want to keep the compressor from running all you need to do is disconnect the low pressure switch on the accumulator. It is located to the left rear of the passenger valve cover on a silver can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AWD EXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I can try that.

The click I hear happens when the compressor cycles on or off. The rear blower is never used. No rear ac either. Interesting though.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Diagrams attached. There are other diagrams for the front & rear controls that I haven't included since they don't include relays.

Attachments

• 054-001.pdf
    56.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 054-002.pdf
    57.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 054-003.pdf
    58.9 KB · Views: 19