Active Park Assist Disabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is embarrassing, since i never used it - i don't know how to even initiative it - i know there's the button you push next to the drive modes and use the turn signal :gr_grin:

Push once for parallel park and flip your blinker to tell it what side.

Push twice for perpendicular park and do the same with your blinker.

Drive forward and follow insurrections on screen.

Sowie1701

Reaction score
Is the park “out” assist new on the 2020? If so I wonder if it’s a software upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look for dirt dead bugs or birdsh!t on your sensors?

Sowie1701

Reaction score
I thought I read the new park assist on the 2020 also controls brake and gas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not the 2020 Navi we took on a test drive...

I haven't tried it on my truck yet.

If they shrugged at me like that I'd tell them to start replacing stuff til they figured it out. Sensors go bad and can be intermittent. Figure it out you lazy putzes

OP
OP
M

mhExped

Reaction score
Had my '19 Limited back at the dealer's recently to take another look into this issue (Active Park Aid/Assist disabled). The dealer's tech's were stumped since no error codes are thrown (only error is on dash), so they turned to corporate Ford. Corporate Ford had them check all sensors and wiring for signs of trouble - they found nothing unusual.

After that, corporate Ford suggested replacing the control module for that system, which they did. Unfortunately, problem still exists. I'll be taking it back in soon, but apparently corporate Ford is stumped.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

OP
OP
M

mhExped

Reaction score
Typo in my previous post, not that it matters, but I should have said "'18 Limited" (instead of "'19 Limited"). In any case, I believe (hope?) this issue has finally been resolved.

Probably had the car in the shop for a total of 2 months since I've owned it for this specific issue. Finally took a Ford field tech's onsite visit to get the local service department on the right track.

I don't understand all the details, but it sounds like a module involved in reporting trouble had failed in addition to one of the parking sensors. Since the reporting module failed, there were no diagnostics thrown to indicate which sensor had failed. This is what led to a painfully long diagnostic and repair time.

Once the failed reporting module was replaced, it quickly became clear which parking sensor had failed and since that sensor was replaced the initial trouble has not returned. Interestingly, among the parts replaced was the entire piece containing the flip-down sunglasses holder, backseat/baby mirror, and lighting & sunroof control buttons - I guess the diagnostics component that had failed is housed in that module. Weird!

Anyway, in case it's ever helpful to anyone else who suffers this issue, I'm attaching the relevant parts of the service ticket here.

View media item 7240
View media item 7241

Matthew Abrams

Reaction score
Typo in my previous post, not that it matters, but I should have said "'18 Limited" (instead of "'19 Limited"). In any case, I believe (hope?) this issue has finally been resolved.

Probably had the car in the shop for a total of 2 months since I've owned it for this specific issue. Finally took a Ford field tech's onsite visit to get the local service department on the right track.

I don't understand all the details, but it sounds like a module involved in reporting trouble had failed in addition to one of the parking sensors. Since the reporting module failed, there were no diagnostics thrown to indicate which sensor had failed. This is what led to a painfully long diagnostic and repair time.

Once the failed reporting module was replaced, it quickly became clear which parking sensor had failed and since that sensor was replaced the initial trouble has not returned. Interestingly, among the parts replaced was the entire piece containing the flip-down sunglasses holder, backseat/baby mirror, and lighting & sunroof control buttons - I guess the diagnostics component that had failed is housed in that module. Weird!

Anyway, in case it's ever helpful to anyone else who suffers this issue, I'm attaching the relevant parts of the service ticket here.

View media item 7240
View media item 7241

This could be a long shot, but I had the EXACT same set of warnings and errors (with the addition of no regular cruise control) on our old 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. the issue was a wheel speed sensor. Quick replacement and all was fine.

gbosin

Reaction score
I’ve been getting this message for about a week now. I cleaned sensors and it went away for a couple starts. My wife informed me it came back again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky