Added a Battery Tender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ristin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a parasitic drain that I have been unable to track down mostly because I haven't put any real effort into looking for it. If the Expy is driven regularly or at least every 2 weeks or so the drain isn't an issue. Let the Expy sit for 3 weeks though and totally dead battery. I work out of town often gone for weeks at a time and my wife doesn't like driving the Expy. Actually she likes driving the Expy but hates the slightly mildewy smell claiming it makes her clothes smell like mildew.

For a while I would disconnect the battery when leaving but I'm entirely to lazy to keep doing that.

Got a good deal on the water proof permanent install Deltran Battery Tender. Works great! Battery stays fully charged.

Still need to tidy up the AC cord routing but the tender is functional.

The tender was larger than I thought it would be but tucks in nicely between the inner fender and the fuse box.
IMG_3285.JPG IMG_3284.JPG

Connected the positive lead to the hot side of this relay.

IMG_3286.JPG

and a convenient chassis ground.

IMG_3287.JPG

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What would you like to hear? You've got a drain, no doubt. Are you willing to put in the work to find it? Or are you going to leave it be. Start with simple stuff, did you install an aftermarket stereo, or alarm? Pull that fuse/power. Beyond that, your going to do what's known as a milliamp draw test. You can Google how, it's not hard. Works easier with a helper. Let us know what you find.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ristin

Ristin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Not looking for answers this time, just sharing what I did, how I did it and why.
Fortunately the Expy is completely stock so I don't have previous owner mods or additions to worry about.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, thought you were reaching out for a fix. Battery tender will keep you going a long time, till you want to get dirty.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk