Added wireless charging.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my 2 yr old G4 go blank so I was forced into buying a new phone...always fun....anyway, bought a V30 and LOVE the high speed wireless charging. When WC first came out, I thought it to be a nice but frivolous bit of tech.....now that I've used it for a week or so....LOVE it. Just toss the phone in the tray and it finds it's way into position to charge....sweet. I'm really surprised at how nice it is NOT to worry about plugging it in or even worrying about the charge...I just toss it in the tray going and coming from work...an hour each direction so it's always fully charged.

I'd like a cleaner install but this works for now....the flash drive has the newest Sync on it....need to install that too(thanks Loki)! I wrote this before taking the pic...you can't see the drive<LOL>

I think that if the tray removes easily enough, I can hide the power cable and that would clean it up a bit....

Anyone else using a different solution??

jeff

Fast charger.jpg

Knox GSL

Reaction score
I've been using WC charging for about 4 years and its almost imperative in my industry. I have a nice tylt charger in my truck and desk.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my 2 yr old G4 go blank so I was forced into buying a new phone...always fun....anyway, bought a V30 and LOVE the high speed wireless charging. When WC first came out, I thought it to be a nice but frivolous bit of tech.....now that I've used it for a week or so....LOVE it. Just toss the phone in the tray and it finds it's way into position to charge....sweet. I'm really surprised at how nice it is NOT to worry about plugging it in or even worrying about the charge...I just toss it in the tray going and coming from work...an hour each direction so it's always fully charged.

I'd like a cleaner install but this works for now....the flash drive has the newest Sync on it....need to install that too(thanks Loki)! I wrote this before taking the pic...you can't see the drive<LOL>

I think that if the tray removes easily enough, I can hide the power cable and that would clean it up a bit....

Anyone else using a different solution??

jeff
I have a round Samsung fast charger, but I haven't tried it in the tray in the console. I may have to get a rectangular one. I'd love to find a way to bury one under the little tray in front of the shifter.

FRD88

Reaction score

Cy Webit

Reaction score
Jeff, That's where I put my charger too. Never bothered to re-route the wire, works fine.