Adding a Flip down Tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

El Mister

I just got a 2003 Ford Expedition. I been trying to get it for a long time. I finally did! This is my first Ford and i am very happy with it.
I just have a question.

I am planning to buy a 10" flip down TV monitor. Does anyone know if putting a flip down TV will affect the rear air unit or the way the air flows to the back etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

blackjackdelta

Reaction score
I was told that you lose the rear controls over the middle seat along with the airvent behind it. The flow to the 3rd seat overhead should not be affected. I have a 97 and I am looking at doing the same, just need to get the bucks.

OP
OP
E

El Mister

My controls are above and between the driver and the passanger seat. Would those still get affected?

I only have four vents going to the back. Two for the middle row and two for the third row. Both of them are along the side of the roof near the doors and windows.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They shouldn't get affected.

I have the stock DVD player in mine (no sunroof).

The climate controls for the rear are up front and I've got the four vents in the back. Two for the middle row and two for the rear.

So, you shouldn't have a problem as far as vents.

I would be concerned about the mounting of the monitor. Since mine has a stock DVD monitor there, there is a cross bar in the room that is mounts to.

If you're EXPY did not come with a factory DVD player, you may not have that cross bar.

Just something to think about.

OP
OP
E

El Mister

I will look into bar issue. Thanks for the heads up.

And about the controls, My controls are in the top console before the little sun glasses tray, its way up front. So if i put the monitor right after the console it will still be between last part of the two front seats. i hope the bar is located around there.

I dont think the controls will get affected.

Thanks for the info, and your time.

blackjackdelta

Reaction score
I my 97 there are two sets of controls, one up front by the sunglass compartment and one just above the front seat right in front of a middle air vent. The installer said these had to go. The overhead console interfere's with where the player can go.