Adding Stealth features? Plastidip / Wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ditto here too! I wanted lighter color sears/no red stitching but the stealth look so Special Edition it was and can mod from there.

What's a fair price in Florida to black wrap my C pillars on 2019 Expy?

Complete guess on pricing but I’d say a good quality shop maybe $300ish? I’d find a good shop with a history of modding legit rides (think super car type rides), not the cheap shop running out of a basement or alley modding/wrapping 1999 Civic SI’s. Just my opinion.

Ralph Campano

Reaction score
Here is my Plati-Dip project. Gotta Say it did not go a well as I thought. Made some mistakes with the application and will try a second round of coating soon. That said, I still prefer this to the stock chrome. I also added "Tommy Mesh" which I really like.

If I could do it again, I would have probably just ordered a new $100 black grill.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Highlightreel

Reaction score
I'm not a pro by any chance but I plasti-dipped my chevy bowtie's (much smaller project obv) on my old suburban and I did about 3 coats after letting each one dry and it never came off or had any issues. And that went through gas station car washes all the time. I was impressed for sure. I'm sure a couple more coats at this point and it may be get satisfactory.

Red Raider

Reaction score
I used “Smoke” Plastidip to tone down the bright blue in the Ford logos and the large chrome molding on the rear hatch. I also used the black to paint the silver molding below the front bumper. The logo on the front grill and molding was done over a year ago. After 15,000 miles it still looks pretty good. Note the contrast of the silver on the logo and the chrome grill....pretty big difference. I’ve thought about painting the grill.

9F8FBB17-4EFC-488A-904F-2742416E698C.jpeg

8E02AF0B-4FB2-4F77-985B-C35770843A13.jpeg

9DC65273-69FF-4E64-8A38-9C6C58101D34.jpeg

Last edited: